• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

2021-22 Transfer Thread

4 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Yeah unfortunately that’s the road college hoops has gone down. Not sure we will see many 4 year players at one school anymore. Not here because we’ve rarely had them prior to this free agency. 

Haha inner circle. These kids (not just at tu) are sometimes delusional. For the ones who transfer up, their playing time is cut drastically. 

Not a loss at all. That’s 2 down and about 8 more that need to be run off 

I had to chuckle at the “inner circle” comment in his tweet. I’m envisioning them sitting around the kitchen table, talking in hushed tones, “Duke, Kentucky, Gonzaga, or I should I just take my enormous talents straight to the NBA”? You’re right, delusional is a good description of how some of these kids view their skills. Having said that, he might have success at a MEAC school, or a D2 program. 

I don’t know if any other departures are forthcoming, but there’s not a single player on the team I would be heartbroken to lose. I’d be mildly disappointed if CT left; he made nice strides between his freshman and sophomore seasons, but let’s be honest-on a good D1 team he’d be a rotation guy, not a difference maker 

7 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

I had to chuckle at the “inner circle” comment in his tweet. I’m envisioning them sitting around the kitchen table, talking in hushed tones, “Duke, Kentucky, Gonzaga, or I should I just take my enormous talents straight to the NBA”? You’re right, delusional is a good description of how some of these kids view their skills. Having said that, he might have success at a MEAC school, or a D2 program. 

I don’t know if any other departures are forthcoming, but there’s not a single player on the team I would be heartbroken to lose. I’d be mildly disappointed if CT left; he made nice strides between his freshman and sophomore seasons, but let’s be honest-on a good D1 team he’d be a rotation guy, not a difference maker 

I hope they all leave minus the one you mentioned. There’s no one on our roster that would start for other caa teams.  Need to start fresh and new and if we can’t have a new coach at-least give us 10 new faces.

all these kids moving around. (Even doing it in the high school level ((not just for sports)). Some of them and their parents need to know what they are getting into prior to starting their career. They have to know what style he plays and how coaches handle players.  Coaches will do and say anything to get them to sign on the dotted line. 

The old saying .. When the going gets tough...

Just now, TuTigers2012 said:

I hope they all leave minus the one you mentioned. There’s no one on our roster that would start for other caa teams.  Need to start fresh and new and if we can’t have a new coach at-least give us 10 new faces.

all these kids moving around. (Even doing it in the high school level ((not just for sports)). Some of them and their parents need to know what they are getting into prior to starting their career. They have to know what style he plays and how coaches handle players.  Coaches will do and say anything to get them to sign on the dotted line. 

I believe I’ve posted this before, but I think a feasible model for schools like us going forward is to de-emphasize (not eliminate) recruiting high school kids and place more emphasis on bringing in transfers who have grown disillusioned at larger programs and want to increase their playing time. (especially if the sit-on rule is scrapped). If we recruit a high school kid who blows up after his freshman or sophomore season, he’s going to get stars in his eyes & kick us to the curb for greener pastures. Of course, for this model to work, it requires a coaching staff that can evaluate talent skillfully. After all, look at the transfers we brought in for this past season-ZM, Victor U, Cam Allen & Mims. Need I elaborate? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

You make way too much sense.   
Is it confirmed that the sit out a season rule won’t come back!?  If so then a free for all will occur.  

As far as high school kids transferring I’ve witnessed the pressure first hand. 
After a successful freshman season 🏈 my son had an offer to play for a private school in the WCAL here in SF.  No ull rides here but heavily compensated.   
He was adamant to not leave and wants to win with his current teammates..  a trait he got from that I learned from being a proud Towson State alum..   now instead of respecting his decision.  I had “inner circle” people telling me I was crazy and that Tom Brady played in that league and my son will get no exposure etc.  Truly cracked me up. 

Moto was great for us.  We now have the Uyaelunmo brothers.  
Build on this success and start a pipeline of African players that come to Towson.  
We have to get creative right now. 
Find our niche.  

5 minutes ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

Moto was great for us.  We now have the Uyaelunmo brothers.  
Build on this success and start a pipeline of African players that come to Towson.  
We have to get creative right now. 
Find our niche.  

Moto was good, not great. He avg around 14ppg & we failed to win a regular season conference championship or CAA tournament championship in his 2 seasons. 

Victor U was a major disappointment. He avg 2.8 ppg & 5 boards. Shockingly, he didn’t even average 1 blocked shot a game. After 2 forgettable seasons on the bench at USC, he proved this past season that just because you’re tall doesn’t mean you’re a good basketball player. His brother’s stats are pedestrian-6.7 ppg and 5.8 boards. In candor, the most notable aspect of Solomon’s time here is when he scored a basket for the other team in his freshman season. 

I’ll pass on the “pipeline.”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TSU88 said:

. In candor, the most notable aspect of Solomon’s time here is when he scored a basket for the other team in his freshman season. 

Bahahah. I was at boardwalk hall for that.  Knew right away that was going on espn not top 10

2 hours ago, TSU88 said:

Moto was good, not great. He avg around 14ppg & we failed to win a regular season conference championship or CAA tournament championship in his 2 seasons. 

Victor U was a major disappointment. He avg 2.8 ppg & 5 boards. Shockingly, he didn’t even average 1 blocked shot a game. After 2 forgettable seasons on the bench at USC, he proved this past season that just because you’re tall doesn’t mean you’re a good basketball player. His brother’s stats are pedestrian-6.7 ppg and 5.8 boards. In candor, the most notable aspect of Solomon’s time here is when he scored a basket for the other team in his freshman season. 

Solly played good this season when he was in there.  Still have 3 seasons with him. 
Look we can continue to hammer this program or make suggestions to

get better.  

Edited by Bay Area Tiger
  • Like 2