• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
TuTigers2012

Coaching Futility

Pat Skerry was hired in 2011. Since that time, he is now just one of TWO coaches in the nation to still be employed by that school without either making it to the NCAA Tournament/Regular Season Title/made a tournament final.

Bill Herrion UNH (05-06)

Pat Skerry Towson (11-12) 
that’s the list in its entirety... mind numbing and truly pathetic 

only Houston Baptist, ULM, Omaha and Texas A&M Corpus Christi have the same or longer tenured coach without making the NCAAs (Hartford too, but they play in the America East title game on Saturday)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I’m at halftime of them Zags and those heathens from Provo and I’m saying to myself having been to Spokane and that other bone dry city I previously mentioned. 

How the hell can’t we recruit in a 10x better city like Baltimore!?

North Dakota State on tonight as well. 

Pat get on the recruiting trail now and don’t come back to campus until you’ve landed a legit recruit.  Go to Eastern Europe, Africa, Alaska, etc...  

We built a brand new arena for what!!!??

I’m going one more season of Towson torture and if we don’t win the CAA then I want to dump the program and start wrestling 🤼‍♀️ at Towson..  guarantee we could win and have Penn State and other great grappling programs come in to wrestle. 

Mount Saint Mary’s in.  

30+ years...   am I asking too much!?

Lamar Odom have a kid who plays!?? 

10 hours ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

I’m at halftime of them Zags and those heathens from Provo and I’m saying to myself having been to Spokane and that other bone dry city I previously mentioned. 

How the hell can’t we recruit in a 10x better city like Baltimore!?

North Dakota State on tonight as well. 

Pat get on the recruiting trail now and don’t come back to campus until you’ve landed a legit recruit.  Go to Eastern Europe, Africa, Alaska, etc...  

We built a brand new arena for what!!!??

I’m going one more season of Towson torture and if we don’t win the CAA then I want to dump the program and start wrestling 🤼‍♀️ at Towson..  guarantee we could win and have Penn State and other great grappling programs come in to wrestle. 

Mount Saint Mary’s in.  

30+ years...   am I asking too much!?

Well those programs win. They play in a much better conference. They play big time home and road games. They play on actual tv! Haha

it would take more than 1-2 really good players at Towson. The Xs and Os aren’t there for this clueless staff

10 hours ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

Funny you say this.  I was at Alvernia for a game last week and started laughing when I saw a picture of a former Tiger, Marquis Marshall.  He won MAC player of the year and avg 22 and 9 as a Sr.  

• Haha 1

After a good night of sleep and a brisk walk over to the Golden Gate Bridge where I contemplated jumping before remembering I still have to get the second Pfizer shot on the 29th it all became clear to me who is ultimately to blame for our 30+ year drought and misfortunes 🏀

David Simon...   that’s right. 
Homicide Life on the streets then The Corner and then The Wire.  He single handedly has killed our recruiting endeavors.   

Elaine mentions Towson in 1992 which should have set off a chain reaction of 6-8 more NCAA tournament appearances but that damn Homicide show pops up on Friday nights at 10 and kills any chance of us recruiting shooters!!!

3 hours ago, griggey20 said:

Funny you say this.  I was at Alvernia for a game last week and started laughing when I saw a picture of a former Tiger, Marquis Marshall.  He won MAC player of the year and avg 22 and 9 as a Sr.  

Poor taste in my part to pick on Lamar..  he lost a child but the gist of my post was maybe we need to get down and dirty for recruits like the rest of the country does..  like 2012 mentioned..  who is gonna be watching us and caring!!!