• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
TuTigers2012

Coaching Futility

7 hours ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

After a good night of sleep and a brisk walk over to the Golden Gate Bridge where I contemplated jumping before remembering I still have to get the second Pfizer shot on the 29th it all became clear to me who is ultimately to blame for our 30+ year drought and misfortunes 🏀

David Simon...   that’s right. 
Homicide Life on the streets then The Corner and then The Wire.  He single handedly has killed our recruiting endeavors.   

Elaine mentions Towson in 1992 which should have set off a chain reaction of 6-8 more NCAA tournament appearances but that damn Homicide show pops up on Friday nights at 10 and kills any chance of us recruiting shooters!!!

Elaine Benes was also an Orioles fan 

D7F8ED6F-3B5F-4F8E-AC7E-ED93FCE70B80.png

41 minutes ago, Blounge said:

How do we feel about Rob? As strongly as Pat?

I’m pretty sure Ambrose is in the last year of his contract, so I would think he’s gone if we don’t make the playoffs this fall. If for no other reason than the great 2013 postseason run, his tenure, in my opinion, has been more successful than Skerry’s 

• Haha 1

Yep - Rob took us to the title game.  He also brings in game changing transfers with regularity.  No comparison between the two until / unless Skerry can get us to a regular season title on NCAA tourney.  

• Like 2

Comparing a bad coach who got lucky with a the most dominate player in the league who fell into lap vs an even worse coach who was fortunate to get a once in a generation transfer... both have not been successful 

2 hours ago, Blounge said:

How do we feel about Rob? As strongly as Pat?

65-53 against fcs. 28-7 with Terrance. So 36-46 without a generational talent.  Attendance on the major decline year after year. He has adjusted to the game better than pat (that’s not difficult) but he’s Really never been able to have a great/good defense. Some serviceable ones but not great.

Caa football is also way down the past 5-6 years 

11 hours ago, TuTigers2012 said:

65-53 against fcs. 28-7 with Terrance. So 36-46 without a generational talent.  Attendance on the major decline year after year. He has adjusted to the game better than pat (that’s not difficult) but he’s Really never been able to have a great/good defense. Some serviceable ones but not great.

Caa football is also way down the past 5-6 years 

CAA football is not on a downward trend.  FCS football may be, but the CAA is the preeminent FCs league in the nation.

Football has had to climb the mountain in terms of resources since Rob arrived.  With the new practice facilities and a refurbished field house,  we are getting closer.

51 minutes ago, RundaPower said:

CAA football is not on a downward trend.  FCS football may be, but the CAA is the preeminent FCs league in the nation.

🤨  really?!  besides JMU caa teams have been getting bounced on the first round of the playoffs  against far superior teams.

48 minutes ago, RundaPower said:

Football has had to climb the mountain in terms of resources since Rob arrived.  With the new practice facilities and a refurbished field house,  we are getting closer.

All programs have had to. But don’t tell that to the man in charge..

13 hours ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Comparing a bad coach who got lucky with a the most dominate player in the league who fell into lap vs an even worse coach who was fortunate to get a once in a generation transfer... both have not been successful 

I do find it hilarious that when we land a good recruit/transfer its lucky but when the recruits/transfers arent good, its all the coaches fault.  How many NFL players did we have before Ambrose was the HC? 2???

• Like 2