• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
TuTigers2012

Coaching Futility

54 minutes ago, griggey20 said:

I do find it hilarious that when we land a good recruit/transfer its lucky but when the recruits/transfers arent good, its all the coaches fault.  How many NFL players did we have before Ambrose was the HC? 2???

I do find it funny that the are people who think we landed west. It was a true fluke/luck. Benimon and falcon on the other hand weren’t . 
But sure let’s give all the coaches credits on the good transfers and then they can’t be immune to the bad, like Chris hart, the Michigan Kid, morman, astroh, etc

While it’s great that some players had a cup of coffee in the nfl and are on practice squads, that doesn’t win games at Towson

5 hours ago, griggey20 said:

I do find it hilarious that when we land a good recruit/transfer its lucky but when the recruits/transfers arent good, its all the coaches fault.  How many NFL players did we have before Ambrose was the HC? 2???

Seriously 2012. You just like to stir the pot at times.  Ambrose has hit on a slew of transfers:  Grant Enders, Tye Smith, Flacco immediately come to mind who were absolute home runs.  He's also gotten 4 and 5 star recruits that have had mixed success or gotten hurt, but I give him credit for pulling in insane talent like that via transfer (among the best in FCS), like DeBerry, Pass (love the upside), Mahalak, the guy from Michigan that was hurt, the QB from the west coast that was going to transfer here before the season was cancelled, etc.  

You are being dishonest if you can't credit him for landing these guys - consistently.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, tu_fan said:

Seriously 2012. You just like to stir the pot at times.  Ambrose has hit on a slew of transfers:  Grant Enders, Tye Smith, Flacco immediately come to mind who were absolute home runs.  He's also gotten 4 and 5 star recruits that have had mixed success or gotten hurt, but I give him credit for pulling in insane talent like that via transfer (among the best in FCS), like DeBerry, Pass (love the upside), Mahalak, the guy from Michigan that was hurt, the QB from the west coast that was going to transfer here before the season was cancelled, etc.  

You are being dishonest if you can't credit him for landing these guys - consistently.  

Mhmm yes, yes! Enders who rob didn’t want/think he was good enough in high school. Tye smith who came to TU out of high school..

mahalak was the one who I couldn’t think of the name. Thanks for that. 

I do enjoy stirring the pot. There have been some good transfers (you should have used dowling, sheppard, kinnard instead of the bad/unproven ones you listed). And there have been so awful ones. That’s why the are transfers. They are risky. It’s hit or miss. Criticism is warranted in those misses and praise should be given for the good ones. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tu_fan said:

I meant Jordan Love, who was the CB transfer from GA that was a stud defender....

Haha.  I’ll give you that. Stud defender  and Towson don’t go together 

11 hours ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Haha.  I’ll give you that. Stud defender  and Towson don’t go together 

Jordan Dangerfield wasn't a terrible pickup. 

Hartford is in. Just leaves New Hampshire and Towson as the last pathetic two. 

Another ex skerry player (Matthews) trying to play his way into the tournament 

Norfolk State beats Morgan State in MEAC title game, putting ex TU recruit JJ Mathews in the dance. Matthews is another vagabond, as he’s now on his 3rd school (TU, Ark State & now Norfolk State)

• Haha 1