• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
TuTigers2012

Coaching Futility

59 minutes ago, tu_fan said:

Ugh, I hate this.  We didn't finish near last in 3 point shooting or assists due to us being weak.  This is one of my fundamental frustrations with Skerry.  Loyola, Chicago is not rolling out a team full of brutes each night.  It's like a car running out of gas and us solving the problem by putting air in the tires.....

Exactly. Weights and hoops don’t go together that well. Lifting Like that has huge impact on your shot

1 hour ago, TSU88 said:

What can he say, “I shouldn’t have given him the extension”? I mean, at this point, given that we’re saddled with Skerry for 4 more seasons, I doubt he’s going to come out with anything beyond something right out of the public relations 101 playbook; “covid wreaked havoc on our season, but we’re all going to roll up our sleeves and work twice as hard to put a championship caliber team on the court this fall.” Or, “our kids lead the nation in community service and they graduate, both of which are a tribute to the great work of Coach Skerry.” Blah, blah, blah. Face it, the Skerry tour is coming to an arena near you, and is being held over by unpopular demand until spring 2025. There’s no 2 million dollar go fund me on the horizon nor is there a well heeled alum who’s going to buy out his contract. Furthermore, the school isn’t eating the contract; they’ll just let him be a lame duck, like what happened with Pat Kennedy at the end. It is what it is 

I’m not renewing my season tickets next year. I know a few other that sit around me as well. Urge others to do the same

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

I’m not renewing my season tickets next year. I know a few other that sit around me as well. Urge others to do the same

I understand the frustration but I think you & the others should think it over. Bad basketball is better than no basketball. Besides, maybe we’ll have a bounce back season, to some extent. Dare to dream, right?

You guys are hilarious. Critique the record-fine. You show a picture of players working out and that’s bad because they aren’t shooting three pointers in a gym somewhere, which they could do on their own. They are limited on what they can do right now as a group. But I guess the Ramblers only work on skills in the offseason and never work out with the weights. We had several guys that need to get stronger assuming they are returning.

Our team this year clearly doesn’t belong in this March madness tournament. Are you watching the terps right now? Every guy on the team can score

1 hour ago, TSU88 said:

I understand the frustration but I think you & the others should think it over. Bad basketball is better than no basketball. Besides, maybe we’ll have a bounce back season, to some extent. Dare to dream, right?

This is an every off season thing though. We think their will be hope and changes. Transfers brought in, only to fall flat on our faces. We could win the regular season next year but I’d bet anything we would stumble in the CAAT for the 11th time in 11 years.

1 hour ago, Blounge said:

Our team this year clearly doesn’t belong in this March madness tournament. Are you watching the terps right now? Every guy on the team can score

Haha what? You’re comparing a middle of the road big ten team in the second round to a mid major? We just want to dance and get smoked by 50 as the now 16 caa lamb. 

1 hour ago, mat1992 said:

You guys are hilarious. Critique the record-fine. You show a picture of players working out and that’s bad because they aren’t shooting three pointers in a gym somewhere, which they could do on their own. They are limited on what they can do right now as a group. But I guess the Ramblers only work on skills in the offseason and never work out with the weights. We had several guys that need to get stronger assuming they are returning.

Seriously, is strength our overall issue over the years or is it coaching, skill, IQ or knowledge?

Ultimately and I’ve given this a lot of thought since Thursday..  all the blame for us not dancing falls on us Alumni.  
We haven’t done enough for his program to succeed.  

I like the idea of dumping your season tickets!

I welcome PS to comment on this board and tell us honestly how we can all help!!

We are all disgusted and down in the dumps right now..  

I’m not trying to be a smart ass...   we need a state of the program discussion ASAP.  We need more transparency..  why certain guys left the program and what is the plan for 21’-22’... rebuild!!??  

I think PS is a great guy but seriously...  his next deal with Spiro should address alumni questions etc.   

I’m sick and tired of being a laughing stock.  

We built an arena for what reason!?

Why take a player back unless you know without a doubt there will be no issues!?

Oral Roberts/Abilene Christian/Loyola Chicago/Gonzaga...  how do they do it!?

We all deserve some answers!  

12 hours ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

Ultimately and I’ve given this a lot of thought since Thursday..  all the blame for us not dancing falls on us Alumni.  
We haven’t done enough for his program to succeed.  

I like the idea of dumping your season tickets!

I welcome PS to comment on this board and tell us honestly how we can all help!!

We are all disgusted and down in the dumps right now..  

I’m not trying to be a smart ass...   we need a state of the program discussion ASAP.  We need more transparency..  why certain guys left the program and what is the plan for 21’-22’... rebuild!!??  

I think PS is a great guy but seriously...  his next deal with Spiro should address alumni questions etc.   

I’m sick and tired of being a laughing stock.  

We built an arena for what reason!?

Why take a player back unless you know without a doubt there will be no issues!?

Oral Roberts/Abilene Christian/Loyola Chicago/Gonzaga...  how do they do it!?

We all deserve some answers!  

Funny how everybody says "PS is a great guy, but blah, blah, blah"

Maybe he is and maybe he isn't. you only know him from afar, but that is neither here nor there. You don't get an extension for being a great guy, just like you don't get an extension for having a team get a 3.0 GPS. maybe you should....but you don't.....So talk about the stuff that matters. The teams have failed to perform at the moments that matter. That is all that matters. It is all that mattered when he got extensions based on numbers of wins....nothing to do with being a "great guy". Keep your eye on the ball......what's good for the goose is good for the gander. You don't need to soften the blow....other coaches have been fired for not winning and they have far less resources that PS. We don't need reasons...we don't need explanations...we need a new coach....period.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Tgr4life said:

Funny how everybody says "PS is a great guy, but blah, blah, blah"

Maybe he is and maybe he isn't. you only know him from afar, but that is neither here nor there. You don't get an extension for being a great guy, just like you don't get an extension for having a team get a 3.0 GPS. maybe you should....but you don't.....So talk about the stuff that matters. The teams have failed to perform at the moments that matter. That is all that matters. It is all that mattered when he got extensions based on numbers of wins....nothing to do with being a "great guy". Keep your eye on the ball......what's good for the goose is good for the gander. You don't need to soften the blow....other coaches have been fired for not winning and they have far less resources that PS. We don't need reasons...we don't need explanations...we need a new coach....period.

I agree that whether or not he’s a good guy and has players with a 3.0 GPA isn’t relevant, in the world of D1 basketball. Whether these factors should be relevant is a topic for another day. Also agree we need a new coach. Unfortunately, we’re not getting a new coach until the end of the 2024-2025 season. The reality is quite simple-the university is not going to buy him out. No if’s ands or buts. It ain’t happening. It didn’t happen with Pat Kennedy and that was before covid wreaked havoc with the budget. There are no well heeled alum who are going to ride in and rescue us. I doubt anyone has 2 million dollars lying around like so much loose change under their couch cushions that they’re willing to buy Skerry out. So, other than grumbling about it for the next four years (which I will do from time-to-time, to vent my frustration) I’m out of scenarios in which we divest ourself of Skerry before his contract runs out, which is quite a depressing thought 

• Like 3