• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

2021-22 Schedule Thread

In fairness, probably every CAA team has a home game against a DII or D III patsy. It is frustrating though to see some of those same schools also host big time D1 opponents when we can’t/won’t. I’m thinking back in the relatively short history of SECU arena and I guess the biggest program that we’ve hosted is Temple? You would have thought that for the inaugural game we could have done better than Navy. Of course, as with all things in life, money is an issue & it takes two to tango & the closest big time program to us, MD, ain’t going to play us in SECU. I wonder if we’ve ever tried to get Georgetown or WVA, Pitt, or Nova to play us here?🤔

A note for the Vegas tournament if Towson gets USF again..  Dons best player Jamaree Bouyea decided to return.  Along with Shabazz their backcourt is set.  
The BC transfer Rishwain really came on strong in the second half of the season. 
They added a ton of size to the 21-22’ roster to have a shot at competing with the all world team in Spokane and those ageless heathens in Provo.  
Zane Meeks (Nevada)  Patrick Tape (Duke)

Early line is Dons -6

16 hours ago, mat1992 said:

I am with everyone else who wishes we could get a big name team to SECU, but overall Monmouth, Penn and UNC Greensboro are the type of teams I like to see us play in the non-conference, especially at home. Penn and UNC Greensboro have both made the NCAA Tournament within the last few years (UNC Greensboro last year), and Monmouth had a couple of seasons in 2016-17 and 2017-18 that I would kill to see Towson have. Overall a pretty solid schedule. I actually liked our schedule last year, we were just awful and the pauses hurt us as well.

No idea what to expect this year, but at least the transfers seem better on paper based on the stats at their respective previous institutions. Of course that is no guarantee of anything. Football and basketball both are complete wildcards this year in terms of what they could do. I am not trying to be overly optimistic, but both definitely have some upside on paper and if you remove some of the recent disappointment there are some things to get excited about. That being said, we all know the reasons to wait and see before buying into anything that is too optimistic. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tiger93 said:

I am with everyone else who wishes we could get a big name team to SECU, but overall Monmouth, Penn and UNC Greensboro are the type of teams I like to see us play in the non-conference, especially at home. Penn and UNC Greensboro have both made the NCAA Tournament within the last few years (UNC Greensboro last year), and Monmouth had a couple of seasons in 2016-17 and 2017-18 that I would kill to see Towson have. Overall a pretty solid schedule. I actually liked our schedule last year, we were just awful and the pauses hurt us as well.

No idea what to expect this year, but at least the transfers seem better on paper based on the stats at their respective previous institutions. Of course that is no guarantee of anything. Football and basketball both are complete wildcards this year in terms of what they could do. I am not trying to be overly optimistic, but both definitely have some upside on paper and if you remove some of the recent disappointment there are some things to get excited about. That being said, we all know the reasons to wait and see before buying into anything that is too optimistic. 

switch the home and road schedule and i'm buying season tickets. our home schedule is still so weak. at least try to get an A10 team or low Big East team in the building. 

• Like 1