• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
TigerFan54

Spring FCS Playoffs...

Are something of a joke. Holy Cross gets in with an impressive record of ... 3-0. (Of course, they get the top seed, South Dakota State, as a reward.) Delaware is in at 5-0, and has an easily winnable first-round game against Sacred Heart. They'll probably get JMU in the quarterfinals. N.D. State actually lost two games during the "regular season," so I'm curious to see how the Bye-zun fare (and I wonder if that program is finally coming back to earth a bit; if so, that might give us hope against them in the fall).

One name why North Dakota State has fallen back to earth: Trey Lance.

Honestly, haven’t followed it much and don’t really care who wins the whole thing. Will be interesting I guess to see how Delaware fares. Not rooting for them or JMU 

2 hours ago, TigerFan54 said:

Are something of a joke. Holy Cross gets in with an impressive record of ... 3-0. (Of course, they get the top seed, South Dakota State, as a reward.) Delaware is in at 5-0, and has an easily winnable first-round game against Sacred Heart. They'll probably get JMU in the quarterfinals. N.D. State actually lost two games during the "regular season," so I'm curious to see how the Bye-zun fare (and I wonder if that program is finally coming back to earth a bit; if so, that might give us hope against them in the fall).

At the risk of this sounding like sour grapes, seeing as we opted out of spring football, the FCS spring football playoffs have, in my estimation, little credibility and are of no interest to anyone outside the member institutions that are in the playoffs. 

The allure, if there ever was any, of spring football, was that when it was announced there existed the possibility there would be no fall 2020 football. Once the fall 2020 season took place, that made spring 2021 football largely irrelevant.

I for one am glad we opted out of spring football, though, with that being said, I am a little suspicious whether the decision to do so was driven by the feelings on the subject of the players on the team (as is the claim of the school) or whether it was really driven by Ambrose’s wish to keep his powder dry until the fall, knowing that he might be better off coalescing as much talent as he can muster for this upcoming season, given that he’s in the last year of his contract, and may need to make the playoffs to keep his job 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

At the risk of this sounding like sour grapes, seeing as we opted out of spring football, the FCS spring football playoffs have, in my estimation, little credibility and are of no interest to anyone outside the member institutions that are in the playoffs. 

The allure, if there ever was any, of spring football, was that when it was announced there existed the possibility there would be no fall 2020 football. Once the fall 2020 season took place, that made spring 2021 football largely irrelevant.

I for one am glad we opted out of spring football, though, with that being said, I am a little suspicious whether the decision to do so was driven by the feelings on the subject of the players on the team (as is the claim of the school) or whether it was really driven by Ambrose’s wish to keep his powder dry until the fall, knowing that he might be better off coalescing as much talent as he can muster for this upcoming season, given that he’s in the last year of his contract, and may need to make the playoffs to keep his job 

I think there’s some truth to that, but if we had lost players to injury as we often do, it would have been devastating for our chances in the fall. That and the fact that the decision was made well before we knew what we had at quarterback.

I think the extra practice time will pay off in getting Jawon Pass acclimated. I think we'll have our usual fun on offense / hard to watch on defense type team

5 mvfc teams in with the reduced playoff size... gross. Since this is clearly a playoff based on names only they should have cut the auto bids.

feel bad for richmond and rhody who are clearly better than half of these teams. one caa loss each.

southern illinois getting in with a 5-3 record is a joke (4-3 if you don't count the fall win) they were blown out by north dakota and SD State. Missouri Sate isn't as bad if you throw out the fall season (3Ls). But are we throwing out the fall season or no? Seems like the fall season helped one team and the committee ignored it for another.

44 minutes ago, TheGoldCrotchPiece said:

5 mvfc teams in with the reduced playoff size... gross. Since this is clearly a playoff based on names only they should have cut the auto bids.

feel bad for richmond and rhody who are clearly better than half of these teams. one caa loss each.

southern illinois getting in with a 5-3 record is a joke (4-3 if you don't count the fall win) they were blown out by north dakota and SD State. Missouri Sate isn't as bad if you throw out the fall season (3Ls). But are we throwing out the fall season or no? Seems like the fall season helped one team and the committee ignored it for another.

Committee has and will suck. Apparently jmu fans are pissy that Delaware was “declared” the caa champ by the caa. 
I assume most here, like myself, do not care much about this mini spring season 

5 hours ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Committee has and will suck. Apparently jmu fans are pissy that Delaware was “declared” the caa champ by the caa. 
I assume most here, like myself, do not care much about this mini spring season 

Yes spring season is a waste especially since NCAA has had absolutely no coverage on it which shows they don’t give a crap about fcs football which is a shame. But Rob needs a playoff birth this fall since it’s his last season in his contract. Pretty much to keep his job I just hope we are competitive this fall.

Edited by Godfather18

8 hours ago, Blounge said:

I think the extra practice time will pay off in getting Jawon Pass acclimated. I think we'll have our usual fun on offense / hard to watch on defense type team

We added an incredible amount of talent on defense.  Most depth ever on this defense.  They may very well be the best in the CAA.