• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

MLax to face Delaware at home for 2nd time at noon on Saturday

4-2 Delaware at the end of one quarter. Towson scored a very fluky goal on a James Avanzato pass to Brody McLean that went into the next. Neither side has played well. They are lucky to be down by 2. Joey Chestnutt has faced off thus far and has been ok. Thought they would go back with Evan Santora, who went 14 of 28 in the first meeting.

Offensively, Towson is being way too patient. They are waiting until 10-15 seconds left on the shotclock to generate offense. Too many turnovers as well. Have to play better in the second quarter. We're getting no shots at the crease and three of Delaware's four goals have basically been layups.

Can't say I like these unis, strange seeing us in a Towson Tiger gray. Can't say I like the lack of offensive production either. Commentary has been good tho as always hats off to the man upstairs, Spiro!

Down 6-2 at the half. Offense has been horrific since last game. So since scoring nine goals in the first half against UMass last week, they've scored two freakin' goals in one full game of play.

Time to change things up and change personnel. Alex Reid look great against Fairfield. He really energized the offense. That hasn't happened the last couple of games. Brody McLean didn't get the start for whatever reason and has been a complete non-factor. I believe they have just seven shots on goal. That's terrible. That's seven of their 17 shots, while Delaware has 17 shots, but 11 are on goal. At least make the opposing goaltender work.

1 minute ago, Blounge said:

Can't say I like these unis, strange seeing us in a Towson Tiger gray. Can't say I like the lack of offensive production either. Commentary has been good tho as always hats off to the man upstairs, Spiro!

Seems like we spend more time on putting up different uniforms every game then we do with winning games. Kind of tired of the uniform gimmick. Unless it's Blue for Austism Awareness. we should always be wearing Gold and Black or Black and Gold. Not Gray.

• Like 1

Down 9-3 and this could be over. Towson has simply been outplayed and outcoached. For whatever reason, we've stayed in the same basic defensive scheme. Not defending the Z behind the crease.

Offensive, same old, same old. Can't generate anything with the midfield. Not doing a lot from behind the goal. Terrible on EMOs even the alast few games, I believe it's around 3 of 20.

Now it's 10-3 as I'm typing this. Delaware just owning the Tigers today. 

Now 14-5. Towson looks tired on D. Brennan is not really seeing the ball, but they are getting great open looks and nailing everything.

16-8 final. Falls to 3-4 in the CAA. Must win-game next week. I know Jamison Gaskins and Pat Anderson scored in garbage time, but once again, no clue why those guys didn't get any playing time in conference play when they showed a little potential early in the season. Can't teach 6-4, 215 and 6-5, 200.