• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

2021 Spring & Summer Transfer Thread

Back to work adding one if not two more. From what I heard, even early in camp, RA wasn’t thrilled with all three. Was hoping he would improve. I guess he didn’t do enough.

Good news is that there are many available. But this is the most important decision of the offseason. Flacco was added after the spring and if they don’t find one just as good or better, it’s going to be tough to get over the hump.

Mahalak, Olsen & now Pass. The beat goes on. Maybe Ambrose should avoid FBS transfer QB’s all together. I realize all 3 of these guys had different circumstances that resulted in them not panning out at TU, but still the pattern of ballyhooed FBS QB’s who’ve fizzled here (actually, 2 of these 3 guys never even saw the field here) is disappointing 

What a joke. I’m confused as to how we were able to recruit homegrown players like Sean Schaeffer when we were an awful team but nowadays we are scraping the bottom of the FBS bucket for talent. 

9 minutes ago, TUTigers said:

What a joke. I’m confused as to how we were able to recruit homegrown players like Sean Schaeffer when we were an awful team but nowadays we are scraping the bottom of the FBS bucket for talent. 

I’m losing faith in this program they need to stop with these leftover FBS players and work on building the players that they recruited I don’t understand the thought process behind Ambrose work on the players that u have and build the program up. FBS transfers don’t give a crap about the program and have no vested interest in it.

If you are an FCS program and you ignore FBS players who want to transfer down, that’s pretty  naive. Maybe we can’t find an FBS QB, though Flacco technically was, but Ryan Dellaire, Gerard Shepherd and Telvion Clark worked out pretty well. 

I don’t think we need a great QB. We have the talent and experience up front to have a strong running game. I’m disappointed as hell that Pass didn’t work out. But there are so many other options out there.

Towson football playing with our emotions??? Same old thing just a different day. Frustration, joy, agony, apathy, hope, hopelessness...etc 

• Like 1

And here’s a productive 6-4 receiver from Gardner-Webb who we offered. I’m not saying Amendola, the UNC transfer, will win the job. But remember the name. I think what they really need is a Grant Enders- type to move the chains and run when needed.

Let’s call it like it is... the transfer rule freaking sucks for schools, fans and coaches.  It’s free agency after every year. New faces everywhere. It hurts the overall product on the fields and courts.  
I feel bad for coaches having to constantly recruit and worry about losing players. Has to be a shitty feeling.  With that said, rob has dug his own grave and is in the position he’s currently in due to his lack of success.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1