• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
Tgr4life

Hartford and D3

Just wondering what everyone thinks of the discussion going on at the University of Hartford regarding a move to Division 3, given the cost of D1 is so extraordinary?

3 hours ago, Tgr4life said:

Just wondering what everyone thinks of the discussion going on at the University of Hartford regarding a move to Division 3, given the cost of D1 is so extraordinary?

Probably won’t be the last school to do so. It’s an expensive endeavor. I was surprised to find out that they are a private, not public school. 
America East is a fairly spread out conference and most places are difficult to get to. 

A radical President with an agenda.  He procures the study and then leaks the results.  Study was purchased to support his agenda and help him sell this to the alumni. 99% of all the athletic departments in D1,2 and 3 lose money.  College athletics were never intended to be a revenue stream for the schools.

I don't really care and I'm assuming most of their alumni don't as well.

They are a small school in the northeast and they don't play football so I think it's up to their community to see if the costs are worth it for basically keeping basketball as a revenue(ish) sport.  I could see a better fit in the MAAC for them (all private schools) vs the America East (Hartford is the only private school)

Also, they have 'esports' as an official team on their athletics website so I doubt they care all that much about physical sports..... I get that esports is now a thing but it's not an NCAA sport.

My brother is a University of Hartford Alum. He was in school during the time we were in the NAC/America East together.

Alumni are starting to rally together to oust the president. President and Board of Trustees are a bunch of Woke A-Holes who have presided over declining enrollment. Been a real shame