• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Quarterback Transfer Portal

It is Chris Ferguson guys. He's on campus. He's the likely starter barring something unforeseen. Experienced and big at 6-3, 235. Did lead Maine to a National semi-final berth in 2018 and also threw four picks against us in 2019 in an injury-marred season. Would prefer more of a dual-threat QB, but we don't need a superstar with the OLine and with pretty good weapons. Getting close to writing my depth chart now. 

• Like 1

No offense to Ferguson, but this kind of feels to me like a “meh” signing, especially with all the QB’s available in the portal. He was good, not great, at Maine, but adds little as a running threat, when the clear trend is dual threat QB’s. The question this signing begs is whether Ferguson is better than Jawon Pass, who was a 4-star out of HS, played against better competition at Louisville, and is more of a dual threat guy. Time will tell.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

No offense to Ferguson, but this kind of feels to me like a “meh” signing, especially with all the QB’s available in the portal. He was good, not great, at Maine, but adds little as a running threat, when the clear trend is dual threat QB’s. The question this signing begs is whether Ferguson is better than Jawon Pass, who was a 4-star out of HS, played against better competition at Louisville, and is more of a dual threat guy. Time will tell.

No doubt, it's a much less glamorous move than Pass. We can only hope that with a much-improved D due to front and back end, a solid O-line, strong RBs and WRs, he won't have to make a lot of plays with his legs and will manage the game. I'll have some highlights as well.

34 minutes ago, TigerFan54 said:

Wasn't Ferguson a backup at Liberty this year?

Yeah. The starter at Liberty is a possible 1st round pick next year.