• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
Ironman42

Towson not that far off

Jmu going to the championship again but looking at them play they not that better then Towson.If Towson can fix there play calling and more consistent QB play not far off. Next season I can see playoffs maybe hopefully.

Yeah but we have to have a change for the play calling to get better. We have potential transfer and a pretty good QB in Jeff Miller coming in.  I do think we will improve next year.

I’m sorry, but we are not close to jmu haha. They won like 25 in a row and only loss the last 2 years was at unc with the number 2 pick in the nfl draft. 

We are closer to the bottom than jmu. Granted we are closer to being 2 in caa than last

JMU was not overly impressive against Weber State and it helps that they are home. But they just keep winning. I would think ND State should win but Houston usually has his team prepared.

There's nothing very fancy about JMU. They aren't huge either. Their offensive line (at least according to weights on the depth chart) is not much bigger than ours. Their running backs are 205-210. They have a few big WRs. But they are quick and fast. Fast on D but not huge up front.

We need to be much better up front. Much tougher and stronger to get to the playoffs next season. I just don't see many changes on either line.

The key is the quarterback and running backs. We were playing with Shane (200lbs), Platt (185), Kobe (185) for most of the season, and Shane played very little. Need to beef up the running game. We'll see if we add another transfer there. A big RB to complement Shane is a must. Kobe will get bigger and stronger in the offseason. We add Jaelen Thompson, who redshirted but he's under 200lbs. Definitely missed Wethington. When I say big back, I mean somebody with some explosion as well. Not just big and stationary.

JMU and Towson apparently are vying for the same QB, Ben DiNucci from Pitt. Not sure when he's making his decision but we desperately need a quality qb to push Stover either in the spring or the summer. I'll wait to see what we do in terms of improving the skill positions and some of the other spots before I call us a playoff team. Right now, I would say no.

I think Towson is going to be better for the simple fact that a playoff season could be the grounds for a coaching extension.with that being said I think you gonna see better play calling and a better rotation of players.

Look, our starting quarterback was hurt the last two seasons with Mahalak out. You just can't lose your top qb at this level and expect to compete unless everything else is great (which it isn't). Stover got a lot of great experience and showed some good and bad things. I don't know if he's going to take a major improvement because he has to unless they find another guy. We were in most of the CAA games save for UNH. That's fine but are we going to be better with most of the same players on the field? IDK. Slightly better sure but we need to be more than slightly better to go from 5-6 to 8-3, which includes a meeting against JMU.

I don't care if Stover was great, this team needs to bring in another QB to compete with him and Harris. Jeff Miller as good he might be in the future is likely to redshirt.

BTW, I appreciate the optimism. It's better than others coming up with the same ole' predictable stuff. I'd just like to see a little more from the recruiting aspect in the offseason. I don't know if there will be a coaching change, but you won't know before the early signing date and maybe not until late signing date.