• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
DCMMaloney

Predictions on 2021 regular season record?

1 hour ago, TSU88 said:

I’m aware of the talent that’s been added. I hope we go 11-0. I’m merely saying that, notwithstanding the talent on paper, there are variables which will impact the season that will have to play themselves out. I had great expectations for the 2019 season, that is, until we were decimated by injuries. I don’t care how deep we are on paper, we have to have the good fortune to avoid a repeat of the wave of devastating injuries that we suffered in 2019. And, as far as I’m concerned, the jury is out on whether we brought in the right QB. I stand by everything I wrote in my last post. That doesn’t mean I’m not hoping for the best; just means the games are played between the lines, not in preseason polls 

Agreed

16 hours ago, RundaPower said:

Well, we do know that we have added a tremendous amount of proven talent on our defense.  There are multiple players that made 100+ Tackles at their previous schools.  I suggest that you do some research on those players that were added.  Injuries, that’s part of football.  We have proven players at every spot in our top 50 on the depth chart.  That means a minimum of  two players with proven game experience at each position.  IMO we are deeper and more talented than any other team in the CAA.  Our D will most certainly be able to create pressure with out blitzing.  The QB will be operating behind an OL that goes 13 deep.  Avg size of those linemen will be 6’5 329!!!  BTW, the team is already on campus and working under the new NCAA summer guidelines.Expect big things from this team.

Thanks Rob!

Thanks all for the perspective. Ok, now a question about the CAA? Is it similar to MO Valley in which every game is a battle? Is there a break in top teams to lower-tier teams? 

The CAA is one of the best two conferences in the FCS. Every game is a grind. No days off. Gotta bring your A game every game!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LatinaHeat20 said:

Thanks all for the perspective. Ok, now a question about the CAA? Is it similar to MO Valley in which every game is a battle? Is there a break in top teams to lower-tier teams? 

Delaware and JMU both made semifinals in the spring. There is no real gimme in this league, but everybody is beatable outside of JMU. They've won 14 straight CAA games.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mat1992 said:

Delaware and JMU both made semifinals in the spring. There is no real gimme in this league, but everybody is beatable outside of JMU. They've won 14 straight CAA games.

Thank you! So JMU is the North Dakota State of the Valley and the CAA is also a powerhouse conference. This is great!! Can’t wait for the season!!! 

On 6/19/2021 at 7:37 AM, LatinaHeat20 said:

Thank you! So JMU is the North Dakota State of the Valley and the CAA is also a powerhouse conference. This is great!! Can’t wait for the season!!! 

Yup, for many years people said the CAA was the SEC of the FCS. I think the MVFC has taken over within the last couple of years that but until recently it was only NDSU then a huge drop-off. The other Dakota schools have improved recently to give them the crown IMO. 

Before the A10/CAA, run as the best conference the Big Sky would have been the best in the mid 90's. Appy State won a bunch and had the Michigan before they moved up to FBS but Appy State was really the only team in the SoCon of any value.  If you look at the national championship games for the last twenty years it was more likely than not a CAA team playing Appy State in the 00's and NDSU on the 10's.

MVFC = SEC
CAA = Big 10
Big Sky = ACC
Southland = Big 12
After that hard to tell, maybe the Ivy League is the Pac 12. Hard to know because the Ivy does not do the playoffs so it's only a handful of OOC games to start the season for comparisons.

6 hours ago, TheGoldCrotchPiece said:

Yup, for many years people said the CAA was the SEC of the FCS. I think the MVFC has taken over within the last couple of years that but until recently it was only NDSU then a huge drop-off. The other Dakota schools have improved recently to give them the crown IMO. 

Before the A10/CAA, run as the best conference the Big Sky would have been the best in the mid 90's. Appy State won a bunch and had the Michigan before they moved up to FBS but Appy State was really the only team in the SoCon of any value.  If you look at the national championship games for the last twenty years it was more likely than not a CAA team playing Appy State in the 00's and NDSU on the 10's.

MVFC = SEC
CAA = Big 10
Big Sky = ACC
Southland = Big 12
After that hard to tell, maybe the Ivy League is the Pac 12. Hard to know because the Ivy does not do the playoffs so it's only a handful of OOC games to start the season for comparisons.

Thank you ! I am now starting to get the CAA and Towson vibe. 

• Like 1