• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
DCMMaloney

Connor Maloney, PWO OLB

It has been a few days since anything was posted here so I thought I would say hi and post an introduction and thank you from our family.  My name is Dan and I am the dad of Connor Maloney.  We are all very excited to be a part of the Tiger family.  Connor is an incoming freshmen PWO who is an OLB.  He's 6 1 1/2 and 210 lbs.  He can definitely put on a lot more weight with a college lifting program.  He played at St Vincent Pallotti HS in Laurel, MD and was a big part of their 2019 MIAA-B championship.  His senior season was cut down to only 3 games but included a win against Calvert Hall (MIAA-A) and a gut-wrenching double overtime loss to Mt St Joseph (MIAA-A).  He was named MIAA Defensive Performer of the week all 3 weeks.  In 2 varsity seasons at Pallotti he started in all 15 games and racked up 114 tackles with 34 TFLs, 8 sacks and 49 QB pressures. He also recorded 1 safety, 3 forced fumbles and 3 fumble recoveries with 1 blocked 1 PAT and FG. He also scored 2 Def TDs while handling all punting and place kicking, which he definitely will not be doing at TU.  He was even invited to join the Big 33 team as a late replacement at OLB but turned it down so he didn't risk coming into the TU football camp with an injury.  We have no idea what this upcoming season will bring or if he will even see the field but I know that he is excited to work hard and learn from the coaches while making some lifelong friendships.  My wife and I (Melissa) look forward to meeting everyone at the first tailgate......we'll be the couple with the Towson Maloney jerseys on!

https://www.hudl.com/profile/9500855/Connor-Maloney

• Like 3

Welcome to the family!  The PWO’s are very important at the FCS level and this staff provides the opportunity to earn a scholarship.  Kids grow/mature on different at different ages . There are many stories at Towson of kids that have earned scholarships and become all-conference/all-Americans.

As a program, expect to compete for Conference and National Championships.

Great story. As previously said, there are many instances of PWOs who become key starters down the line. When it comes to tailgating, eTiger is the man to speak with.

Thanks!  I cant wait for this season to start.  I should have also mentioned that he is an Eagle Scout......not your usual LB....proud dad...sorry.  I hope he can contribute to this season's success on the playing field.  If he cant contribute right away on the playing field, though, I know he will do it on the practice field helping prepare the team and learning from his coaches for when his opportunity comes.  At Pallotti he didn't handle booting the kick offs because he led the team in special teams tackles so they moved him to inside gunner as soon another player learned to kick a little.  

64 days until the first game!  Can't wait!  I look forward to sharing in all of your son's successes.  Best of luck to everyone.  The fans will have a lot to cheer about this year.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RundaPower said:

Welcome to the family!  The PWO’s are very important at the FCS level and this staff provides the opportunity to earn a scholarship.  Kids grow/mature on different at different ages . There are many stories at Towson of kids that have earned scholarships and become all-conference/all-Americans.

As a program, expect to compete for Conference and National Championships.

I love it!  

21 hours ago, TigerFan54 said:

Welcome aboard, Dan. I look forward to seeing your son's name on the roster and watching him climb the depth chart.

Thank you!  He is having a great time.  Loves the coaches and his teammates.  Speaks very highly of how helpful and friendly all of the upperclassmen are, too,