• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Story on Morgan/Towson series

From an economic standpoint, it’s a no-brainer. As to on the field, it’s sort of a no-win-beat them and the reaction from most will be “meh, you were supposed to beat them;” lose to them, and our fan base (what there is of it) will meltdown 

6 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

From an economic standpoint, it’s a no-brainer. As to on the field, it’s sort of a no-win-beat them and the reaction from most will be “meh, you were supposed to beat them;” lose to them, and our fan base (what there is of it) will meltdown 

Yep.. Nailed it.  We need to at all cost not play down to them every year.  Because every so often, they'll hang in there and beat us.  If we don't beat them by 30, its a disappointment.

Don't love this.  As a non-Baltimore area native, i'm not excited by this since I have no local connection.

I want to see use play more competitive games but I understand the need for warm-up games

I honestly doubt anyone without a connection to either school will care. I'm tired of us trying to be 'Baltimore's team - It's just not going to happen. Focus on being better connected to alumni and build our Towson community that way not trying to lean into the geographic area.  I've said this before it's crazy to me that we have zero DC area alumni events; it's all Baltimore and some NYC and the one Orioles spring training thing in Florida.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, TheGoldCrotchPiece said:

Don't love this.  As a non-Baltimore area native, i'm not excited by this since I have no local connection.

I want to see use play more competitive games but I understand the need for warm-up games

I honestly doubt anyone without a connection to either school will care. I'm tired of us trying to be 'Baltimore's team - It's just not going to happen. Focus on being better connected to alumni and build our Towson community that way not trying to lean into the geographic area.  I've said this before it's crazy to me that we have zero DC area alumni events; it's all Baltimore and some NYC and the one Orioles spring training thing in Florida.

All great points. 4 games at Morgan, 3 at home. Pass

Unfortunately there are not many good fcs programs in the area that aren’t in the caa. The caa has gotten fat off of the meac and nec in the regular season but it hasn’t helped them in the playoffs.  Laying eggs when it counts recently. 
the goal is to get to the playoffs and when you need 7 wins Atleast to make it and have 3 other likely guaranteed losses .. it’s better to schedule easier teams

I’ve always wondered why they didn’t have more events in DC and Philly  

The “road” games vs Morgan can be quasi-home games. I mean, if you’re a local TU fan, there’s really no reason you can’t attend those games. I would think we should also be able to put together some buses to transport students to Morgan.

I don’t see it necessarily as trying to be “Baltimore’s team.” The economics of a “road game” that costs nothing more than a 15-20 minute bus ride is the prime mover, as far as I’m concerned. And, what other non-CAA FCS teams are in the immediate region? Howard & Del State are the only ones that immediately come to my mind. 

As far as W’s vs Morgan helping us make the playoffs, I doubt a W vs Morgan carries much weight with the committee. OTOH, an L could be devastating to our chances of making the playoffs. 

Our “W” against MSU will carry more weight in the eyes of the committee,than a JMU win against a non-scholarship Morehead State.

Edited by RundaPower

12 minutes ago, RundaPower said:

Our “W” against MSU will carry more weight in the eyes of the committee,than a JMU win against a non-scholarship Morehead State.

Debatable, but that’s part of what message boards are all about. I would posit that JMU is going to get more favorable consideration, based on reputation, from the committee than we ever will, regardless of who JMU plays.  In any event, I’m not opposed to us playing Morgan. As I’ve said previously, it’s a no-brainer economically and is a “road game” that is a home game for me 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RundaPower said:

Haha what??
JMU wins at home 70-0 and draws 22k

We beat Morgan by 7 on the road in front of 3,400 

Our problem is never being able to win a big game