• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

CAA Media Day Thread - picked seventh

18 hours ago, DCMMaloney said:

We will finish better than #7.  I think our quality transfers aren't being fully valued and it still looks like not playing last year is being held against us.  Yes, I am definitely a bit of a homer but I see this team competing for #3 / #4 spot in the CAA next season and a solid place in the playoffs.  FWIW, I will post a thread on this later.  I sincerely believe Towson will be a consistent contender going forward.  Also, we are completely capable of beating JMU.  Among other things, their QB play is a huge question mark this year.  Not trash talking, just being pro TU.  Our defense looks stacked.

While I am generally a VERY optomistic fan on this board, lets not get out of control with we are capable of beating JMU.  There are a lot of unanswered questions with this roster. 

1 hour ago, griggey20 said:

While I am generally a VERY optomistic fan on this board, lets not get out of control with we are capable of beating JMU.  There are a lot of unanswered questions with this roster. 

JMU is not LSU!  I didn’t think they looked good at all in the Spring. QB is shaky and they just lost their  Left Tackle.  I expect a CAA Championship and beyond.  I watched tJMI  play in the Spring...  not feeding into the hype that the media creates.  We have proven players and tremendous depth at every position.  Not unknownjust have to meshall of the talent. Remember, the program has taken full advantage of the new NCAA regulationsregarding the summer period.  All players have been on campus sine the beginning of June.  Both summer sessions were a requirement for the players.

Edited by RundaPower
  • Like 1

Picked right in the middle of the pack. Not shocked by this at all since we didn't play in the spring and have a ton of new pieces.  If the team can gel and avoid injuries we could be top 3 but with any setbacks we finish middle to back of the pack.

• Like 1

The biggest impression I have from this team is depth on defense. When we lost Brandon Shuman in 2019, we couldn’t replace him. Now, we have about six guys who can play corner and safety. Same with up front and at linebacker. Offensively, I don’t see as much depth. But if most teams lose their QB, they are in trouble. If we lose Jabari Allen again, that’s a tough loss but maybe not as devastating as 2019 with Ty’Shaun Granger and Matthew Akuchie entering the fold. At RB, if we lose Howard we have Folley. If we lose Kobe again, we have Devin Matthews.

4 hours ago, RundaPower said:

Yes, turnovers stand in the way.  Take care of the balland you are competing for a championship.

That Battle for Greater Baltimore championship?

20 hours ago, TuTigers2012 said:

That Battle for Greater Baltimore championship?

Well,  we just added about 700 tackles of College footballexperience  to our defense since 2019.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1