• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

CAA and FLOSPORTS ANNOUNCE EXPANSION OF STREAMING RIGHTS PARTNERSHIP

Yea, let's continue to fall further and further into obsurity!  I didn't even realize until I read this release the Flosports charges more than ESPN+.  I truly do not get why this conference contniues to work with Flosports.  IF and that is a big IF they are getting more from Flosports than they would with a deal with ESPN, it amount they are getting more cannot equal the amount of exposure they are losing out on by being on a service that serves good for no one.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Blazer49 said:

Yea, let's continue to fall further and further into obsurity!  I didn't even realize until I read this release the Flosports charges more than ESPN+.  I truly do not get why this conference contniues to work with Flosports.  IF and that is a big IF they are getting more from Flosports than they would with a deal with ESPN, it amount they are getting more cannot equal the amount of exposure they are losing out on by being on a service that serves good for no one.

Bingo. 

f this. FloSports is something we all can agree on. IT BLOWS.

while it was nice for them to give you free subscriptions for hoops season last year.. the quality of the entire broadcasts were awful.

not to long ago the caa was a very good mid major conference… teams won and competed in the ncaa tournament games.. we were on tv.. football even had some high quality teams. Not so much anymore 

• Like 1

FloSports signed a $4.5 million deal with the CAA for four years. I doubt ESPN would give the CAA anywhere near that sum.

Was it a money grab? Sure. What does FloSports really do other than stream and put the scores up. The responsibility for the broadcasts still lies mainly with the schools. The cost has come down, but they should charge about $20 per season.

LAME I miss the good old Towson Sports Network streaming for free from my laptop. Sometimes it was like $3 for an away game to get access to the stream. FloSports can F off 

1 hour ago, Blounge said:

LAME I miss the good old Towson Sports Network streaming for free from my laptop. Sometimes it was like $3 for an away game to get access to the stream. FloSports can F off 

This...Even though TSN sometimes sucked it was at least free..

Edited by tualum
  • Like 1

Ok, I’m in too.  But what about the 2021 FB season ?  Any ideas of who will be starting?  I’ve heard that we have a couple of starters returning from the 2019 team and a few newcomers.  Gee,  I wonder if these newcomers will play special teams?

Garbage... Exposure on tv/espn deal way more than short term $. CAA commissioner seems short sighted, to put it nicely. 

• Like 2