• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

Second Scrimmage Review

2 hours ago, RundaPower said:

Based on what?  What observations/research  have you made of a 6-5 season?  Have you looked at the roster?

~11 years.  Going 7-1 is a difficult task. That’s what’s needed to finish 7-4. A slip up game happens for everyone, especially us. 

2 hours ago, Chris Datres said:

And you'd be like the owner from the movie 'Major League', hoping that the team is just bad enough that you can move it to Miami...or in this case, get the coaches out.

If the defense is this experienced, I would hope we're smart enough on the sidelines to unleash them and play as aggressive as you can.  None of this cover-2 crap that doesn't work or not taking advantage of the speed by sitting back instead of sending extras on QB pressures.  When you haven't played in almost 2 years and you have a ton of new players, the defense is often going to be ahead of the offense so they may have to set the tone the first couple of games of the season until the offense can catch up.

Great movie and great comparison. It’s a valid question. If this is the last year… it’s a tough job to get kids to come play for you (or stay in today’s environment). 
according to some this is the most talented team to ever play.  I hope so. Would love to make a trip back to frisco and cheer them on.  It’s highly unlikely but who knows 

1 hour ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Great movie and great comparison. It’s a valid question. If this is the last year… it’s a tough job to get kids to come play for you (or stay in today’s environment). 
according to some this is the most talented team to ever play.  I hope so. Would love to make a trip back to frisco and cheer them on.  It’s highly unlikely but who knows 

Again, conjecture to fit your narrative!  Please give us some insight in to your rationale of a6-5 season. BTWremember that this program started playing D1AAfootball in 1987 as an independent. Never gave more than 45 scholarships annually in the period between 1987-1991.  The administration decided to move toward 1AAA football by 1995.  The move back to full scholarship football did not begin until 2004 with  a transition period  until 2007.  That’s why we were not a counter until 2009 (Navy) Again, At the time, the administration did not provide all of the ancillary resources needed to compete in the A-10 (led to the demise of Gordy Combs). Not until Dr Caret and the hiring of RA did the program begin to add those necessary resources.  Towson played football at a competitive disadvantage for far too many years.  Remember,  we won the 2011 CAA championship and played  for a  National Championshipjust under two decades removed from 1AAA football (glorified D3).  

2012... you continue to post baseless conjecture.  Do some research!  Oh, I have have just done that for you.......

Edited by RundaPower

3 hours ago, RundaPower said:

Based on what?  What observations/research  have you made of a 6-5 season?  Have you looked at the roster?

Obviously no homework was done! I am going to be bold and say we will have one of the top defenses in the FCS never mind the CAA. I haven’t seen one scrimmage, nor one game for that matter but I have done my homework! This team is going to be fierce!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, TigerFan54 said:

Mat -- when RA referred to conversations about closing in one end of the stadium, was he talking about the fieldhouse/scoreboard end? Would the idea be to put in premium seating skyboxes, a la ODU?

I think that's what he meant. More about premium seats and suites. Like Navy and ODU.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, RundaPower said:

Again, conjecture to fit your narrative!  Please give us some insight in to your rationale of a6-5 season. BTWremember that this program started playing D1AAfootball in 1987 as an independent. Never gave more than 45 scholarships annually in the period between 1987-1991.  The administration decided to move toward 1AAA football by 1995.  The move back to full scholarship football did not begin until 2004 with  a transition period  until 2007.  That’s why we were not a counter until 2009 (Navy) Again, At the time, the administration did not provide all of the ancillary resources needed to compete in the A-10 (led to the demise of Gordy Combs). Not until Dr Caret and the hiring of RA did the program begin to add those necessary resources.  Towson played football at a competitive disadvantage for far too many years.  Remember,  we won the 2011 CAA championship and played  for a  National Championshipjust under two decades removed from 1AAA football (glorified D3).  

2012... you continue to post baseless conjecture.  Do some research!  Oh, I have have just done that for you.......

Conjecture? Lol. My basis for the statement is off facts.  The coach is 66-64 in 11 years. That is an average record of 6-5.82..  

Since the championship appearance (which was awesome! That was a great team, filled with transfers, some upper classmen and some players who luckily fell into their lap) they are 34-35 with 0 playoff wins. A trip to the championship and really good 3 year run should yield better results within a program that had little staff turnover. 

I never said that we weren’t under disadvantages many years ago.. I remember those with hoops and even eating at the glen with the football team  and talking to Gordy prior to a game. That’s just a bad recipe.  But it’s been years and the excuse of not having facilities, academic support and admin support is old and overdone. 

Every team in the caa, sans uri and Delaware , has won a playoff game since we have. Not exactly a great stat to have.

I get that you’re a player or parent or friend of a player and appreciate your optimism and enthusiasm. Hopefully you or your friend plays a lot this year and leads us to the playoffs

19 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Conjecture? Lol. My basis for the statement is off facts.  The coach is 66-64 in 11 years. That is an average record of 6-5.82..  

Since the championship appearance (which was awesome! That was a great team, filled with transfers, some upper classmen and some players who luckily fell into their lap) they are 34-35 with 0 playoff wins. A trip to the championship and really good 3 year run should yield better results within a program that had little staff turnover. 

I never said that we weren’t under disadvantages many years ago.. I remember those with hoops and even eating at the glen with the football team  and talking to Gordy prior to a game. That’s just a bad recipe.  But it’s been years and the excuse of not having facilities, academic support and admin support is old and overdone. 

Every team in the caa, sans uri and Delaware , has won a playoff game since we have. Not exactly a great stat to have.

I get that you’re a player or parent or friend of a player and appreciate your optimism and enthusiasm. Hopefully you or your friend plays a lot this year and leads us to the playoffs

This ☝️ Sounds like a coach to me lol.

1 hour ago, TuTigers2012 said:

That includes two CAA championships, 3 playoff appearances and a trip     to Frisco!

1 hour ago, RundaPower said:

That includes two CAA championships, 3 playoff appearances and a trip     to Frisco!

And includes an under 500 record since Frisco!

also two home playoff losses to non/minimal scholarship programs.