• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

Second Scrimmage Review

40 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

And includes an under 500 record since Frisco!

also two home playoff losses to non/minimal scholarship programs. 

Both Duquesne and Lehigh are/were counters.

Only time will tell what this season has in store. It may just be my black and gold glasses but this team resembles the 2013 championship team. Big powerful running back, talented transfers on the defense, qb who seems good enough to manage the game to get the W. 

3 hours ago, RundaPower said:

So this doesn’t count?  

Never said it didn’t. It does. It was a good run.. since then they have been an average program at best

3 hours ago, RundaPower said:

Both Duquesne and Lehigh are/were counters.

45 and 45.  Also lost at home to central Connecticut state. Two at the final gun  oneil saved us from losses to world beaters saint Francis and uri. Not to mention loosing to Dartmouth. There have been some ugly bad losses to lesser teams.

I’ll say it again. Good luck on your season, player or coach. I’ll be at most games home and away rooting and hoping for the best, that I am wrong. But based off of the past, and the schedule I am not overly optimistic 

Having good players on the roster is only a small piece of the puzzle. No one is hoping for another turd of a season along with a first playoff exit but based on the lack of recent success, any pessimism is valid at this stage. Talk to me after the first 5 games...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Never said it didn’t. It does. It was a good run.. since then they have been an average program at best

45 and 45.  Also lost at home to central Connecticut state. Two at the final gun  oneil saved us from losses to world beaters saint Francis and uri. Not to mention loosing to Dartmouth. There have been some ugly bad losses to lesser teams.

I’ll say it again. Good luck on your season, player or coach. I’ll be at most games home and away rooting and hoping for the best, that I am wrong. But based off of the past, and the schedule I am not overly optimistic 

Wrong, both Lehigh and Duquesne were counters.  Lehigh wasn’t awarding “athletic scholarships in 2011.  However,  they had enough kids on money (85) to be an instant counter in 2013 (when “athletic scholarships were added in the PL). Colgate was also an instant counter for the 2013 season.  

Duquesne was ginving the full 45 and grant in aid for the balance to equal 63. They played UMass 8/25/18 and Hawaii 9/22/18.  

3 hours ago, tualum said:

Having good players on the roster is only a small piece of the puzzle. No one is hoping for another turd of a season along with a first playoff exit but based on the lack of recent success, any pessimism is valid at this stage. Talk to me after the first 5 games...

Having good players is the biggest piece of the puzzle! Ask anyone that has ever played or coached a sport.  It’s not the only part of the equationbut it’s certainly the most important.  Players execute the schemes. 

Well,  in those first 5 games we will have played San Diego State, #2 NDSU and #18 UNH. So yeah, we’ll know what we are by the 5th game.

It appears we have recruited a lot of talent

The question is, Will there be any chemistry?

You can have the best players but if they can’t play together you are going nowhere

I hope they have had enough time to learn from each other, respect each other, fight for each other and gel as a team

8 hours ago, Ihop said:

It appears we have recruited a lot of talent

The question is, Will there be any chemistry?

You can have the best players but if they can’t play together you are going nowhere

I hope they have had enough time to learn from each other, respect each other, fight for each other and gel as a team

True.

however, Towson elected not to play this Spring and make an investment  in the players . They took advantage of the new NCAA rule that allows coaches access to the players over the summer. They also had a full Spring period. So, 95% of the team  has been together since the end of January.  Most of the late additions arrived in Maryland have been there all summer.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, RundaPower said:

Wrong, both Lehigh and Duquesne were counters.  Lehigh wasn’t awarding “athletic scholarships in 2011.  However,  they had enough kids on money (85) to be an instant counter in 2013 (when “athletic scholarships were added in the PL). Colgate was also an instant counter for the 2013 season.  

Duquesne was ginving the full 45 and grant in aid for the balance to equal 63. They played UMass 8/25/18 and Hawaii 9/22/18.  

Less schollies than us they but still won. Not a good look on our end.