• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
RundaPower

7 days until “the unveiling “.

32 minutes ago, Ghost of andy7171 said:

Calling out and mocking players parents is pathetic.  Its known why Godquitter18 is carrying the grudge.  You on the other hand are still a somewhat mystery.  I guess Twest or Enders jumped the line to schedule a class you wanted, I would think online registration solved this.  Who knows. 

I guess the general student population vs student athlete resentment still exists. The green monster is an ugly beast.  Nearly a decade later.

Lol. Not sure those two were taking the courses I was 😂.

Have no resentment on that and haven’t been on campus in years so I am not sure if that still exists. Might need to ask runda, lounge or someone else.

Have stated numerous times that it’s great that the parents are so supportive of their kids and should think that they are the best players in the world and headed to the nfl.  Some know otherwise.

Just mocking the hype but some on here. There were confronted championship and trips to Frisco being predicted… I’m obviously not the optimist but damn let’s be reasonable. We’ve seen this same song and dance for a while 

2 hours ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Lol. Not sure those two were taking the courses I was 😂.

Have no resentment on that and haven’t been on campus in years so I am not sure if that still exists. Might need to ask runda, lounge or someone else.

Have stated numerous times that it’s great that the parents are so supportive of their kids and should think that they are the best players in the world and headed to the nfl.  Some know otherwise.

Just mocking the hype but some on here. There were confronted championship and trips to Frisco being predicted… I’m obviously not the optimist but damn let’s be reasonable. We’ve seen this same song and dance for a while 

Show me one example of anyone predicting a National Championship or coming close to besting Purple for the CAA.  I'll wait.

2 hours ago, Ghost of andy7171 said:

Blounge for the win!

I’ll take my apology. I’ll wait!  You offensive linemen are stubborn bunch.  I just don’t understand  how an ex player who went through a lot trying to save the program back in the 90s but defends this garbage the last 7+ years  

I was obviously wrong with my 9-2 stated prediction.  I really thought 8-3 but decided to up the optimism one more notch.  Either way, I thought we would make the playoffs and I was very off.  I also realize in reading those older posts that I need to proofread my entries better before I submit them.  My son is on the team, so I will definitely read the posts and add to them when I can but I will never write anything negative about any players or coaches.  I think that would be inappropriate on my part.  I know they tried hard and I respect our student athletes and all of the sacrifices they made this past season.   Some people my find this weird, but a lot of parents don't talk a whole lot of football with their players during the season.  The kids spend so much time with the program that we try to be a buffer and give them a mental break from football when we talk or grab dinner after a home game.  Our job is to be positive and supportive.  With that said, I respect everyone's opinions on the board and I always look forward to reading everything.  The 2022 season starts this Sunday.  Hard off-season training will be one of the keys to getting back to the playoffs.        

• Like 10

Nobody should be humiliated on this board, especially parents, for being overly optimistic before a season. It’s almost like you can’t show joy or optimism, or you will get ostracized/bullied to not to post again because you were wrong.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Matt- 100% correct, I have actually felt bad for some of the parents on this board. Could definitely see why they would not want to continue posting. 

On another note, many of FBS transfers may have not worked out the way it was anticipated but I for one am real glad we got Mark Collins and SJ Brown (I know SJ wasn’t new this year) but they were fantastic for us on D. Wish we could keep them another year.
There were some others that also did pretty well but those two really stood out to me. 

• Like 4

I'm not saying I didn't overrate the team. I certainly did, especially on defense. Maybe it's partially scheme, on the DC or the HC, but I don't care what kind of talent that you have, if you are playing the wrong position, you are probably not going to be productive. If you are playing 5-10 yards off a receiver and the QB has all day to throw, it's going to be a long day. I think that all the defensive transfers smacked of desperation in some ways. But we needed them, especially on the defensive line where we lost Tibo, Bryce Carter and a plethora of players. This has been an issue since the championship season. We haven't been sturdy enough against the run and we've lacked height. So we ended up starting two guys who were in the program for several seasons and one who was a juco transfer who played in 2019 (all between 6-1 and 5-11). I was looking at Cholewa (6-6, 300+), Gibbs (6-4, 290), Reece (6-4, 275), and Okombi (6-1, 270) at guys who could elevate this defense with more size and length, and instead none of them started aside from Gibbs before he got hurt early in the season.

Offensively, I was skeptical of Ferguson, but was hoping we got the 2018 version and that he would manage the game. Wrong again. Was also hoping we would have added a backup plan at QB and another burner at RB with Kobe's injury history and the fact that Howard needed a Shane Simpson-type behind him. Never happened and thus we are going to finish a very disappointing 4-7 barring a shocking upset.