• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

More from the game

I thought it was strange how everybody kept praising the ESPN3 broadcast, but the PBP guy was either fed wrong info from the spotter or got the wrong ball carries numerous times. It's as if he didn't do his homework because he called Devin Matthews, Makai Self. Both were 35. I guess he didn't think Towson was going to use that many RBs. Speaking of that, I didn't realize Jerry Howard got banged up. No wonder he only had seven carries. But I don't think it was serious. Elorm Lumor also came up out limping. Hoping that wasn't too serious. I was surprised to see him in the game up 24-0 in the second half.

I didn't like the play-calling on that first drive. Howard gets nine yards on first down and RA goes right to the pass on 2nd and 1. A penalty by Grimmy and terrible call on Howard on a botched offside (the entire Morgan line jumped), a poor pass on 4th and 12 to Street which was underthrown and we turn it over on downs. I think if we just ran Howard that drive and set up a play-action on second down, we would have score easily.

More later.

That was the “czar of the playbook”, Emory Hunt. He was bad and is a big hbcu supporter. 
The camera production was better than flo and Atleast started on time. 

unfortunately we are stuck playing these games for another near decade. 

Interested in the thoughts on the game from runda, and the parents on here 

1 hour ago, TuTigers2012 said:

That was the “czar of the playbook”, Emory Hunt. He was bad and is a big hbcu supporter. 
The camera production was better than flo and Atleast started on time. 

unfortunately we are stuck playing these games for another near decade. 

Interested in the thoughts on the game from runda, and the parents on here 

No, I said play-by-play guy. He was the one that missed the names, not Hunt.

Yes, it would be nice to hear from some of those who went to the game.

14 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

No, I said play-by-play guy. He was the one that missed the names, not Hunt.

Yes, it would be nice to hear from some of those who went to the game.

Misread what you originally said. 

I was at the game and Morgan state was not an awful team. They have some really good athletes on both sides of the ball. Their defense is better than they may have appeared. They do not have a QB which is huge. I think this was a great win and shouldn’t be underestimated. 
Defense is and will be everything I thought it would be and will just keep getting better and better. 
Offense was good enough to put up 31 points. This was the first game in 2 years with a QB that just started with the offense in the summer. 

The team is only going to get better and better as they play together. This was a good first game to play. 
It is HUGE to be able to rotate the D line without losing speed and skill. Other teams will wear down on defense but we won’t. 
The O line looked good. I see that Chris is a true pocket passer, which you do not see much of any more. The O line is under more pressure due to his style.

it is evident that we have mature, knowledgeable, experienced football players. This is also HUGE!!

ObviouslyTowson was choppy on offense.  I expected a commitment to run the ball in the first half.Didnt happen.  Chris was off with his timing much of the game.  I expect that to be cleared up this week. I like the RB’s and Receivers.  OL is going to be very good.  

On D  , I love the depth.  20 is going to make great plays all year on the field side.  Looking for       More big plays this week.

• Like 1

There were certainly correctable mistakes even on defense. They got a first down on the ground where the line was shifting as the play began. We didn't blitz much, but we shouldn't have to. We got there a few times, but should have had more than two sacks. Defensively, I did think Morgan played hard and about as well as they could. We were sloppy on offense at times and sure, not playing in two years probably contribute to that along with having a QB who has been here just two months. He didn't seem in sync with the receivers. One play where Jabari ran a fly and his ball drifted to the corner. Not sure if he expected him to cut to the right. My only concern outside the QB is the lack of a dynamic runner. I like Folley and Kobe as backups. I don't see that explosion where the backs run for long runs. Maybe that's due to the speed of the Morgan LBs and safeties. I know Howard can break a few. It's why I wanted to Curtis Murray in camp, but he never played in the scrimmages for whatever reason. I assume he's still learning the offense.

It's something I think we can use next season. A Shane-type of guy at RB and a burner like Shane L. at WR.

2 hours ago, Blounge said:

No. But a loss by unh moves them in up in the rankings…

A win might put the tigers in the other receiving votes category 

• Like 1