• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Is JMU leaving the CAA? YES

I’m sure they are talking about finances. Nobody wants to travel to Texas State or Louisiana to travel for volleyball or soccer. But you have ODU , Marshall, App State. and Coastal that are reasonably close.

Monmouth, Fairfield and Greensboro is sooo dumb.

At least in the north why would you not add two schools that are already in the CAA for football. Just add all the CAA football members that are willing to come. (URI, UR and Nova are not going down leagues in bball)

North:
Albany
Maine
UNH
Stony Brook
Hofstra
Northeastern
(+ whatever NE school you want)

South:
Charleston
Elon
UNCW
Delaware
Towson
Drexel
W&M

FB only:
URI, Richmond and Nova + I bet UConn or UMass might come back if the ever give up on FBS

Edited by TheGoldCrotchPiece

I don't know why any America East football only school would join full membership.  It's a Northeast heavy all-sports conference.  Travel costs vs a perceived move up to the CAA?  Is it really a move up?

UMass is never coming back.  Uconn will drop football before moving back.