• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Is JMU leaving the CAA? YES

20 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Yup. We can’t criticize on here.. but the “leadership” gives us no confidence .

You think it’s positive press to have teams in our league looking to jump ship?!

Yes with JMU(and now possibly others) making a move we are seeing other schools salivating at the idea to move into the CAA: so far I’ve seen Howard, Hampton, Monmouth UNC Greensboro, Mount st Mary’s pitching the idea out there on Twitter and this forum 

2 hours ago, Blounge said:

Yes with JMU(and now possibly others) making a move we are seeing other schools salivating at the idea to move into the CAA: so far I’ve seen Howard, Hampton, Monmouth UNC Greensboro, Mount st Mary’s pitching the idea out there on Twitter and this forum 

Umm

On 10/29/2021 at 12:28 PM, Blounge said:

None of these schools are something we should be excited about.

The CAA we joined had Mason, VCU, ODU for basketball, and JMU for football.  All local rivals.. with a marquee sport. 

The (lack of) conference and our athletic leadership is a HUGE concern for me.  We should be pulling out all the stops to be package deal with W&M and UD.

• Like 2

Towson isn’t going anywhere. I think the obvious moves are for Stony Brook and Albany to join as full members. I wouldn’t mind Hampton just for football, but hearing Monmouth. They are in the Big South for football.

https://www.app.com/story/sports/college/monmouth-university/2021/10/28/monmouth-nj-athletics-caa-expansion-maac-big-south/8572218002/

Flo Sports is one of the worst moves the CAA has ever made. They can’t attract a lot of schools due to that PR disaster.. Ironic that one of the schools that voted against it is leaving and from what I heard the other school is us.