• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Is JMU leaving the CAA? YES

On 11/1/2021 at 4:16 PM, mat1992 said:

Towson isn’t going anywhere. I think the obvious moves are for Stony Brook and Albany to join as full members. I wouldn’t mind Hampton just for football, but hearing Monmouth. They are in the Big South for football.

https://www.app.com/story/sports/college/monmouth-university/2021/10/28/monmouth-nj-athletics-caa-expansion-maac-big-south/8572218002/

I'd also added about UNH and Maine + Vermont. UNH & Maine bring good football and Vermont decent basketball. (maybe charleston doesn't leave then?) Also, travel partners for Northeastern. Hartford is dropping to D3; rapid the football schools of the AE.

32 minutes ago, TheGoldCrotchPiece said:

I'd also added about UNH and Maine + Vermont. UNH & Maine bring good football and Vermont decent basketball. (maybe charleston doesn't leave then?) Also, travel partners for Northeastern. Hartford is dropping to D3; rapid the football schools of the AE.

Ugh no. Vermont is good and getting a nice new gym but unh and Maine are awful hoops schools. Not to mention travel will be awful. 
I do think there’s a certain coach on auburn drive that would enjoy unh and bill herrion in his conference… 😉 lol

19 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Ugh no. Vermont is good and getting a nice new gym but unh and Maine are awful hoops schools. Not to mention travel will be awful. 
I do think there’s a certain coach on auburn drive that would enjoy unh and bill herrion in his conference… 😉 lol

Charleston is 45mins close to Towson than Orono driving time. I don't see that as more awful than what we currently have. We are already going to Boston for Northeastern. At least if you get a cluster of new england schools you have travel partner options and flying comes into play. We already fly to Orono for football as it is.

Charleston's travel partners opportunities are UNCW and Elon. 3.5 & 5 hours away driving. Orono to Boston is 4 hours for context. Albany to Burlington is 3 hours. Again no worse.

38 minutes ago, TheGoldCrotchPiece said:

Charleston is 45mins close to Towson than Orono driving time. I don't see that as more awful than what we currently have. We are already going to Boston for Northeastern. At least if you get a cluster of new england schools you have travel partner options and flying comes into play. We already fly to Orono for football as it is.

Charleston's travel partners opportunities are UNCW and Elon. 3.5 & 5 hours away driving. Orono to Boston is 4 hours for context. Albany to Burlington is 3 hours. Again no worse.

Charleston in February vs Orono in February. A lot easier to fly there or Raleigh to do the southern trip. 
Talking more about anyone south of us not wanting to go to the Great white north. Just not a fan of those basketball programs sans Vermont 

I hate to do this, but I'm agreeing with TU12.  We flew to Orono my RS-soph year in early NOV.  A huge storm delayed us for hours connecting from Boston.  We showed up @ 10:30-11pm.  Had an ice cold sweats practice under the lights.  And well, my memories of the game were not cold enough for it to snow, but cold enough to freeze the top 1/8" of mud.  It was crispy chasing after the still NCAA record of interceptions thrown in a single game.  Fun, fun, fun!!!

1 hour ago, Ghost of andy7171 said:

I hate to do this, but I'm agreeing with TU12.  We flew to Orono my RS-soph year in early NOV.  A huge storm delayed us for hours connecting from Boston.  We showed up @ 10:30-11pm.  Had an ice cold sweats practice under the lights.  And well, my memories of the game were not cold enough for it to snow, but cold enough to freeze the top 1/8" of mud.  It was crispy chasing after the still NCAA record of interceptions thrown in a single game.  Fun, fun, fun!!!

It’s ok. Join the dark side!

Ideally for hoops we have:

Charleston & Wilmington 

Elon & UNCG

WM & Hampton?

Towson & Delaware 

Drexel & Monmouth 

Hofstra & Stony Brook 

Easy travel partners (minus c of c Uncw but they are right now)

21 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

No shocker.

I enjoy seeing the Jmu people lose their shit. Was the case with mason vcu odu Georgie state etc. sucks for the non football athletes there but those are the rules. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

I enjoy seeing the Jmu people lose their shit. Was the case with mason vcu odu Georgie state etc. sucks for the non football athletes there but those are the rules. 

Why don’t they just wait to announce it lol.