• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Is JMU leaving the CAA? YES

I’d like to play mount ooc every few years but no to them joining the caa. 

Don’t know what the offices in Richmond and on auburn drive do when Jmu leaves.  Hope there is a plan in place but I’m not holding my breath. We are in a unique spot compared to some other schools in the colonial 

24 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

I’d like to play mount ooc every few years but no to them joining the caa. 

Don’t know what the offices in Richmond and on auburn drive do when Jmu leaves.  Hope there is a plan in place but I’m not holding my breath. We are in a unique spot compared to some other schools in the colonial 

Relying on a conference commissioner that introduced us to Flosports does not invoke a lot of confidence in the caa's future.  

• Like 4

If JMU does leave do we even need a replacement School? I think the conference is more competitive without them. Any other speculation of who would join the CAA or would they leave it as is with the current members?

From a basketball standpoint, JMU's departure would drop us down to 9 teams.  Do we need to be at 10?  I don't think so.  But if they absolutely have to be at 10, I wonder if we try to poach a CAA football member to make them full-time (looking at you, Stony Brook).  Orrrrr, do we go after a non-football school that makes geographical sense (Boston U, Loyola, UMBC).  I also thought about the possibility of a CAA/America East merger but that would make 19 teams and that's far too many (unless you bounce Binghamton to the MAAC, Hartford goes to D2, NJIT to the NEC, UMASS-Lowell to the MAAC/NEC, and UMBC to Saturn).  In a CAA/AEC merger, all of the CAA football teams will be together in one conference minus those elitists Villanova and Rhode Island.  From a strength perspective, the CAA is never going to get back to where it was when it had ODU/Mason/VCU.  So it's up to the schools that are left to build it back up to the stature it had 10 years ago.

39 minutes ago, Chris Datres said:

From a basketball standpoint, JMU's departure would drop us down to 9 teams.  Do we need to be at 10?  I don't think so.  But if they absolutely have to be at 10, I wonder if we try to poach a CAA football member to make them full-time (looking at you, Stony Brook).  Orrrrr, do we go after a non-football school that makes geographical sense (Boston U, Loyola, UMBC).  I also thought about the possibility of a CAA/America East merger but that would make 19 teams and that's far too many (unless you bounce Binghamton to the MAAC, Hartford goes to D2, NJIT to the NEC, UMASS-Lowell to the MAAC/NEC, and UMBC to Saturn).  In a CAA/AEC merger, all of the CAA football teams will be together in one conference minus those elitists Villanova and Rhode Island.  From a strength perspective, the CAA is never going to get back to where it was when it had ODU/Mason/VCU.  So it's up to the schools that are left to build it back up to the stature it had 10 years ago.

Stony Brook or Albany as all sports members  make sense. But they are tied together and last time Hofstra blocked them from joining. 
I think our AD would do the opposite and urge the caa to add all of the martlyba local teams You mentioned haha. 

Caa would more likely do nothing (Joey d asleep at the wheel) or break up. Elon Uncw Charleston would be good to go back socon if they allow them.  Wm could join patriot league. NE America east. Hofstra maac.