• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Is JMU leaving the CAA? YES

that blowhard from the caa zone days, Ben Moore (GStateBen), seems to think that Georgia State will be getting an AAC bid, he won't be happy that GSU, who also sucks at football, will be hanging around in the sun belt...

49 minutes ago, tu_fan said:

that blowhard from the caa zone days, Ben Moore (GStateBen), seems to think that Georgia State will be getting an AAC bid, he won't be happy that GSU, who also sucks at football, will be hanging around in the sun belt...

There were lots of them 

Interested in other people’s thoughts on what would happen to the caa if (when) Jmu leaves?

there are two schools that would have the most to lose, Delaware and Towson.  Lots of dominos would fall

charleston and uncw would probably be a package deal to the socon

elon maybe the big south or socon 

Wm patriot league  richmond and nova patriot league for football 

drexel, ne, Hofstra to maac?  Maybe drexel goes back to the America east.

caa could add Monmouth? Umbc for hoops? Howard/Hampton? Nc a & t?

Lots of factors in play, but Joey D and Leonard don’t exude confidence 

They only need to add one team. I haven’t heard any rumors about who would replace JMU. Heard a lot of stuff pre-Covid but not worth repeating here since it probably won’t happen.

I mean, I was assuming this would be football only.  The entire athletic program going to the Sunbelt?  It's one thing to let football go out and flounder to lose money attempting to get a third tier bowl match up.  But having to fly Olympic sports across the country is kinda crazy.

1 hour ago, Ghost of andy7171 said:

I mean, I was assuming this would be football only.  The entire athletic program going to the Sunbelt?  It's one thing to let football go out and flounder to lose money attempting to get a third tier bowl match up.  But having to fly Olympic sports across the country is kinda crazy.

Let them leave in other sports. We need a conference with full membership

I always thought a new conference of

Temple, Delaware. 
Jmu, Liberty. 
ODU, ECU. 
Charlotte, App State. 
Coastal Carolina, Georgia Southern 

would be a solid football conference with rivalries and good travel partners. Add Charleston/Winthrop/UNCG for hoops.

2 minutes ago, Blounge said:

👀👀 hint hint JMU is going FBS

Cig and the athletic dept (along with the local media) have been throwing lures out there since  2013. They were able to get away with this in 2-3 recruiting classes.  There won’t be a G5as we know it.