• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Football starts off 0-1 in the CAA after a 26-14 loss at UNH

On 9/12/2021 at 8:56 AM, BoogerJ said:

Enough of the woe is me.  It’s one game.  Learn and move on. Wait until mid season to start the replace the coach mumbo jumbo.  It’s insufferable to read such in week two. 

This.

We'll find out this Saturday where this team's heart is vs NDSU.  I will forever be hopeful and believe we have a chance to win, vs anyone.  But if we lay down and die from the start vs the Bison, in what should be a capacity crowd, I'm not looking forward to being "same old, same old" in week three.

Valpo held their own for 10 minutes.  VALPO!

If they march down on us unimpeded, on Coach A's day, who knows where this goes.

I WANT to be hopeful.

I WANT to think we have a chance to upset.

I WANT our team to show up and beat their ass.

I WANT this season to be different.

...but as of 9pm last Saturday night, I'm wavering.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Ghost of andy7171 said:

This.

We'll find out this Saturday where this team's heart is vs NDSU.  I will forever be hopeful and believe we have a chance to win, vs anyone.  But if we lay down and die from the start vs the Bison, in what should be a capacity crowd, I'm not looking forward to being "same old, same old" in week three.

Valpo held their own for 10 minutes.  VALPO!

If they march down on us unimpeded, on Coach A's day, who knows where this goes.

I WANT to be hopeful.

I WANT to think we have a chance to upset.

I WANT our team to show up and beat their ass.

I WANT this season to be different.

...but as of 9pm last Saturday night, I'm wavering.

PLENTY of seats still available.

On 9/12/2021 at 8:56 AM, BoogerJ said:

Enough of the woe is me.  It’s one game.  Learn and move on. Wait until mid season to start the replace the coach mumbo jumbo.  It’s insufferable to read such in week two. 

Sample size is ~70 games. This one game was a microcosm of the last 7 years of the rob Ambrose era

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

PLENTY of seats still available.

Sample size is ~70 games. This one game was a microcosm of the last 7 years of the rob Ambrose era

Exactly. This isn’t overreacting to one game. It’s just the same old stuff that we have seen for years. You can only ride on the coattails of the championship game run for so long. 

• Like 1

No one is talking about the 4 turnovers! You can't win a game (even more so on the road) when you are minus 3 in the turnover battle.

The turnovers and lack of discipline are on Rob and I love crushing Towson coaches (remember I started the Fire Gordy stuff) but I also think we need to keep in mind this is ONE GAME vs a quality CAA team on the road.

1. UNH is good; had a big crowd. It's also their first home game in two years. We clearly had this effect us and were not as prepared as we needed to be.
  2. I thought the D played fine. Yes the UNH kicker is not great but we forced him into longer kicks which he missed
  3. Opening with cupcake Morgan and playing NDSU next likely had us overlooking this game. (again on the coaches)
  4.  Look at the box score, we had the name number of first downs, out rushed UNH and had more TOP

We lost because we threw 4 picks and had 3x the penalty yards. Our talent is fine; just need to stop making mistakes.  If the team (and coaches) and use this as a wake up call we will be fine. If we tailspin from this time to get the Fire Rob shirts ready.