• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Football starts off 0-1 in the CAA after a 26-14 loss at UNH

2 hours ago, TSU88 said:

We all know what the outcome of the next 2 games is going to be. And we all know what the outcome of the game vs JMU will be. Let’s see a show of hands of everyone who thinks we’re going to run the table in the other 6 games, just to finish 7-4.

I feel bad for Ferguson and Miller, as their lack of mobility the next 2 weeks will likely be equivalent to feeding them to the wolves. After those 2 games, might as well see what we have in QB in Amendola and/or any of the other QB’s on the roster. For all intent and purposes we have next to no chance of making the playoffs 

Lol. Be thankful we have a team/program. 0 zero playoff wins since playing for a natty. None. Let’s defend that. This team is worse than we thought sorry. How many 23 year olds do we e have 

I'm surprised at Ferguson.  I remember him at Maine and I really thought, being a grad player with all that experience, he would be much more accurate and make good decisions with the ball.  I know you guys are advocating a dual threat QB, but someone who has a good arm, accuracy and most important makes good decisions, could have made this game really competitive. Our running game was good and that was with UNH knowing we couldn't throw.  Just think about how it would have opened up if they were the least bit worried about the passing game.  

The 4 downs near the goal line in the 4th quarter was perplexing.  Even the fade route to Jabari is a low percentage pass.  There has to be some type of play to Epps and Rutkowski over the middle of the end zone that could have been attempted.  I thought Rutkowski should start.  Give him touches because he is willing to get separation and make a difficult catch.  The lack of accuracy from our QB's for even the simplest of throws is hard to understand.  Even Miller has been with the program for a long time.  I can't believe there isn't an all Met MD High school QB like Schaefer and Athens, that maybe couldn't get a big time offer that can't throw better than what we have.  There is just not one guy, that maybe is only 6 feet, maybe 6-1 that isn't being recruited heavily by FBS? 

Losing Collins on D was a disappointment.  Perhaps Matt can find out more as to what happened.  I was watching him and all of sudden I couldn't find him.  I have to assume he may have made a play on a pass here and there, which may have made a difference.  I'm not sure what to think about the D.  I think they will make a few changes this week on the D, get guys to set the edge and see if a few guys step up as leaders.  They need leaders out there on D. The played ok at times, but the CAA, to be in the top tier, is all about offense.  I read all the talk about all the transfers and this guy and that guy, however if we had a clicking passing game, our run game could have been even better and momentum changes.  We needed to outscore NHU with a great offense.  We have a very bad passing offense.  It is going to kill this team.  

8 hours ago, Blk&goldfan said:

Not a whole lot more that can be said. It’s was horrendous. I had high hopes after all of the earlier  hype on this board by some posters about how great this team was going to be but wow, sorely disappointed!

To be fair, the hype people were, players parents (nothing wrong with that! Support your kids!), a player or coach and the most optimistic Towson fan there is. 
I would like to hear from some of those again, on their thoughts of what happened 

• Like 1

Enough of the woe is me.  It’s one game.  Learn and move on. Wait until mid season to start the replace the coach mumbo jumbo.  It’s insufferable to read such in week two. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, omniland said:

I'm surprised at Ferguson.  I remember him at Maine and I really thought, being a grad player with all that experience, he would be much more accurate and make good decisions with the ball.  I know you guys are advocating a dual threat QB, but someone who has a good arm, accuracy and most important makes good decisions, could have made this game really competitive. Our running game was good and that was with UNH knowing we couldn't throw.  Just think about how it would have opened up if they were the least bit worried about the passing game.  

The 4 downs near the goal line in the 4th quarter was perplexing.  Even the fade route to Jabari is a low percentage pass.  There has to be some type of play to Epps and Rutkowski over the middle of the end zone that could have been attempted.  I thought Rutkowski should start.  Give him touches because he is willing to get separation and make a difficult catch.  The lack of accuracy from our QB's for even the simplest of throws is hard to understand.  Even Miller has been with the program for a long time.  I can't believe there isn't an all Met MD High school QB like Schaefer and Athens, that maybe couldn't get a big time offer that can't throw better than what we have.  There is just not one guy, that maybe is only 6 feet, maybe 6-1 that isn't being recruited heavily by FBS? 

Losing Collins on D was a disappointment.  Perhaps Matt can find out more as to what happened.  I was watching him and all of sudden I couldn't find him.  I have to assume he may have made a play on a pass here and there, which may have made a difference.  I'm not sure what to think about the D.  I think they will make a few changes this week on the D, get guys to set the edge and see if a few guys step up as leaders.  They need leaders out there on D. The played ok at times, but the CAA, to be in the top tier, is all about offense.  I read all the talk about all the transfers and this guy and that guy, however if we had a clicking passing game, our run game could have been even better and momentum changes.  We needed to outscore NHU with a great offense.  We have a very bad passing offense.  It is going to kill this team.  

I wasn't sure what happened to the Collins. I don't think it was an injury, but I don't want to speculate. We didn't lose because of the D, but they played poorly. I also think the four interceptions, especially the first two knocked them for a loop. Those turnovers really deflated the team. The scheme was not good. Individually, even without Collins and Lumor (and Oly Okombi), I don't think the defense is that bad. As a unit, we looked dysfunctional. So we start Gyeni, Gibbs and Shaffer up front. Not one is a new player. Gyeni is a nose guard playing defensive tackle. I don't get it. Why not start Cholewa with Gyeni or Shaffer up front. Or Reece or Lauer. More height. They started the same front against Morgan State. So, the only transfer was Gibbs and he was here in 2019. Reece was moved to OLB, Okombi was out, so the only transfer from this season was Cholewa. I'll stick with what I said in the offseason, I do like most of the transfers. Love Collins, Bruton, Okombii, Lumor and Cholewa. Didn't think the LBs played well. Was disappointed with Reynolds. We were out of position a lot. Thought Bruton really struggled at safety/OLB. Couldn't cover the TE. They didn't blitz him very often. Thought we were outschemed on both sides of the ball.

Very disappointing in all phases yet again, you have a good performance from the QB and you win the game. Both of them had time to throw so pass pro was decent. 

I thought i had drank enough since then to forget the sting of the Elon loss two years ago, but unfortunately that same feeling of disgust came back Saturday night. We did not have any of our towson bad boy swagger that previous teams have shown. QBs with no confidence, no moxy, and an offense that couldn’t seem to find the spark. Ryan Rutkoski showed the most energy out there out of anyone. Bad play calling. Bad penalties. Made mistakes and did not capitalize on the chances we were given. We did not look ready for this business trip. I had high hopes that going 2-0 would create a buzz for the biggest game ever played at Unitas Stadium.(NDSU next week) However, now it seems there is no point in showing up to watch us get embarrassed at home. Sad state of affairs to be in that we may have doomed our playoff hopes for the whole year after 14 days of football. Rob should absolutely feel like he’s on the hot seat after this weekend’s lackluster performance. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Blounge said:

I thought i had drank enough since then to forget the sting of the Elon loss two years ago, but unfortunately that same feeling of disgust came back Saturday night. We did not have any of our towson bad boy swagger that previous teams have shown. QBs with no confidence, no moxy, and an offense that couldn’t seem to find the spark. Ryan Rutkoski showed the most energy out there out of anyone. Bad play calling. Bad penalties. Made mistakes and did not capitalize on the chances we were given. We did not look ready for this business trip. I had high hopes that going 2-0 would create a buzz for the biggest game ever played at Unitas Stadium.(NDSU next week) However, now it seems there is no point in showing up to watch us get embarrassed at home. Sad state of affairs to be in that we may have doomed our playoff hopes for the whole year after 14 days of football. Rob should absolutely feel like he’s on the hot seat after this weekend’s lackluster performance. 

I thought Caleb showed as much energy as anybody considering he dragged people about 15 yards downfield and Howard and Matthews gave it all they had, running over and dragging tacklers in a stacked box. You can only do your job and can't worry if the QB is throwing at at WRs feet or throwing five yards behind them.