• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
TuTigers2012

Fire Rob

1 hour ago, TSU88 said:

He’s not getting fired. In fact, this isn’t even the last year of his contract. And don’t rule out the possibility he gets another contract extension 

Fire Tim as well. He thinks the programs are rolling along great. Even stated such in an email conversation we had back in April 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TUvet said:

How many years does he have left on his contract? 

It now runs through the end of next season. You can be sure opposing coaches are telling HS kids we are trying to recruit that RA is a lame duck, and if they come to Towson, they might be out in the cold once a new coach takes over. So, expect a ton more disappointing/underperforming transfers next season. Or maybe we’ll just give RA a contract extension 😳

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TSU88 said:

It now runs through the end of next season. You can be sure opposing coaches are telling HS kids we are trying to recruit that RA is a lame duck, and if they come to Towson, they might be out in the cold once a new coach takes over. So, expect a ton more disappointing/underperforming transfers next season. Or maybe we’ll just give RA a contract extension 😳

The Pat Kennedy special.  But how did he get another year along the way?

11 hours ago, TSU88 said:

Dude preach to the choir lol when Adrian left the program to the portal (which he is not in anymore 🤫) some of his highschool buddies reached out to him about the program and asked about Rob Ambrose. All that conversation reverts back to the moco schools kids talk and want to play for a coach that give a sh$t about his players. Just like I always have preached about this program they don’t develop there incoming freshman players to be great college football players by the time there juniors or seniors and I thought maybe it was the program but it’s not it’s this damn head coach that needs to go. 

I believe the success of a program boils down to its culture.  North Dakota State is a machine like no other.  They are a machine because of the unbelievable culture they have established.  There is a NDSU "way" of doing things.  It is instilled in each coach and player year after year after year.  The players are completely bought into the program.  They are extremely disciplined on the field, everyone knowing exactly what their job/role is and a fierce commitment and pride in doing their job well.  I'm guessing NDSU is one of the least penalized teams in FCS over the last decade.  They have DISCIPLINE & PRIDE and it is the fabric of their culture.  Towson football (and athletics in general) is completely devoid of culture.  What is our hallmark or calling-card style of play?  How would anyone define Towson football's culture or identity?  We don't have one.  The players seem to be more concerned with which uniform combination they'll be wearing since it's all about looking the part of a big program.....not actually performing like one.

Which leads me to my next rant.  How can we expect our players to know how to win when the coaches themselves haven't won anything? We don't exactly have a who's-who of coaches in this program.  Who is the most accomplished coach on this staff?  Who's won anything of significance in their previous coaching gigs?  Coaching pedigree is critical for establishing credibility with recruits and current players.  Should we expect that the coaching staff can teach/coach our players to win when they haven't experienced winning/success themselves?

Go Tigers.

2 hours ago, Godfather18 said:

COVID like the players have a extra year of eligibility 

What a crock. Coaches not the players. 

25 seniors/5th year/grads and get throughly embarrassed back to back weeks.  
 Zero leadership and direction. If we can’t afford to buy out 1 years of a shitty coaches contract.. what’s the point of even fielding a team next year and beyond?  

5 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

What a crock. Coaches not the players. 

25 seniors/5th year/grads and get throughly embarrassed back to back weeks.  
 Zero leadership and direction. If we can’t afford to buy out 1 years of a shitty coaches contract.. what’s the point of even fielding a team next year and beyond?  

We didn’t buy out Kennedy & we’re not buying out Ambrose. In fact, I wouldn’t be at all surprised if the University President forces TL to give him a contract extension 

1 hour ago, TSU88 said:

We didn’t buy out Kennedy & we’re not buying out Ambrose. In fact, I wouldn’t be at all surprised if the University President forces TL to give him a contract extension 

Jesus.  The president has her own issues now. 
every other school has fired or would fire the loser coaches if in the same position