• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
TuTigers2012

Fire Rob

Rob Ambrose was the great hope and great disappointment. Talks a good talk (he was an English major) but it's all lip service. It's time for something new. Enough of the same old stautus quo. I've seen enough hype of how good the team is but they never live up to it. This was a bad loss but it's not the only bad loss we've seen out of Ambrose and co. One of many. It's gonna be interesting to see if the admin keeps him out of sheer apathy so they don't have to search for a new coach. They can keep sitting around doing nothing making a cushy salary. How is it we looked so unprepared at UNH and W&M? it's on the coach. Need new energy in the program before we start losing interest all together

23 hours ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

I gotta agree….  he just doesn’t come off as a genuine guy in some of his interviews..  I don’t not like him but you can sense he’s tired of being questioned as the head coach post Covid and a change probably would be for the best.  

I sometimes ask - “would I like to drink a beer with the guy?” The answer, for me, is NO. 

If you’re not winning, at least be humble. He’s always seems extremely smug to me. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TSU86 said:

He’s always seems extremely smug to me. 

Not to judge solely by appearances, but he often has a smirk on his face, as if he knows so much more than his questioner that it's almost beneath him to supply an answer. If the team is winning, it's tolerable. But since that's less than half the time, I find it especially off-putting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, TigerFan54 said:

Not to judge solely by appearances, but he often has a smirk on his face, as if he knows so much more than his questioner that it's almost beneath him to supply an answer. If the team is winning, it's tolerable. But since that's less than half the time, I find it especially off-putting.

Well, to be honest, do any of you, including Matt, know as much as RA or any other coach?  As far as what you know from watching on TV or playing Madden?  Because there is a sh!tload more to it.

Response coming soon.  :)

1 hour ago, Ghost of andy7171 said:

Well, to be honest, do any of you, including Matt, know as much as RA or any other coach?  As far as what you know from watching on TV or playing Madden?  Because there is a sh!tload more to it.

Response coming soon.  :)

....and dealing with young men and the issuesthat go along with overcoming life’s hurdles. Could the “smirks” and “smug” appearance by RA bereflective of watching this team overcome those issues?  

• Like 1

Ok, like others have mentioned I am one that does not like to see pretty much anyone lose their job.  I am coming around and agree that a change has to be made.  Now I know a lot of other posters on this thread do know and can help me out with years remaining on contracts.  I say contracts because there is probably a need for a change in at least one other sport.  We have to be realistic with our schools finances and IF there are any changes this off season I think it is fair to say those changes could only happen in one sport.  So all of that being said we would need to "prioritize"  if we could only choose one which coach would you want to see go out of Ambrose, Skerry or Nads?  I assume Nads is a distant third on this group but wanted to throw another option in.

Thoughts?

1 hour ago, RundaPower said:

....and dealing with young men and the issuesthat go along with overcoming life’s hurdles. Could the “smirks” and “smug” appearance by RA bereflective of watching this team overcome those issues?  

Personally, I don’t give a hoot whether he’s smirking or smug, I just want a winner. He can smirk and be smug all he wants, if we win. As to another poster, who queried whether any of us know as much about football as RA, well of course not. Surely though that’s not the barometer by which a decision as to whether he should be fired should be based. While I don’t know as much about football as RA,  he’s the one getting paid about 500K a year to coach football, not me. Here’s a bold concept-why not judge him by the team’s performance since 2014? Yes, 2013 was great, but he can’t live on those laurels in perpetuity. At some point, W-L’s matter. Just like in business, there’s a bottom line. This isn’t really that complicated, at least to me. 

10 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Personally, I don’t give a hoot whether he’s smirking or smug, I just want a winner. He can smirk and be smug all he wants, if we win. As to another poster, who queried whether any of us know as much about football as RA, well of course not. Surely though that’s not the barometer by which a decision as to whether he should be fired should be based. While I don’t know as much about football as RA,  he’s the one getting paid about 500K a year to coach football, not me. Here’s a bold concept-why not judge him by the team’s performance since 2014? Yes, 2013 was great, but he can’t live on those laurels in perpetuity. At some point, W-L’s matter. Just like in business, there’s a bottom line. This isn’t really that complicated, at least to me. 

"but he often has a smirk on his face, as if he knows so much more than his questioner "

The reason for my comment.

Both. But both have had issues recruiting and developing the two most important positions, point guard and qb. Both got very long underserved extensions.  

btw I like Rob, the person, just not the coach. Aj don’t mind the smugness. It was really great when we got good and others hated him and us for that. However when you’re sub 500,  it doesn’t play as well.