• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
TuTigers2012

Fire Rob

Look I agree that RA has a hard time consistently getting a quarterback (Flacco, Enders, Athens were good), but so do many coaches.  Finding a QB is like finding gold.  It is a common death sentence for head coaches careers in every division.  The University of Maryland cannot find a QB.  Their current QB is taking them nowhere.   Kasim Hill was no division one QB when he was there.  Hill is now bad at Rhode Island.  As for RA and West, I understand West was hard to handle at times, but you have to be kidding to talk about West’s blocking.  No one cares about West’s blocking.  He was a dominate force and a once in a lifetime player and we had him.  A player like West was worth more than 2 points against Lehigh in 2011.  Towson doesn’t receive a lot of fanfare and absent 2011-2013 we have a poor 1-AA track record. Play someone like West hard in the Lehigh game and win that game and go on to the next round of the playoffs with a loaded team.  It doesn’t seem RA realizes the scarcity of those types of games and how far and few opportunities you get like that at a program like TU.    Win when you have the team.  Don’t take things for granted.  Was it all West that was hard to handle or could it have also been RA that was hard to handle?

• Like 3

I'm not going to defend Rob to the end of the earth like I did with Gordy in a similar thread years ago.  But to blame Rob for disciplinary actions taken on a player, one as so vital as West was, in a playoff situation is lacking moral compass.  If not West, than who?  I guarantee you everyone on the team remembers that game and what it cost them.  And I don't think for a minute that blame lands on Robs shoulders.  The problems we see with this team not focusing on beating the next team on the schedule because they are full of themselves due to prior weekend performances would be multiplied thousands of times over if a coach looked the other way when a player like West is treated differently that the rest.

THAT reason in 2011, is why Rob has been extended, in my opinion.

Don't think his blocking mattered?  Go ask the Browns, Titans and Ravens.

The defense gave up 38 points and 500 yards that game. That along with a boneheaded decision to go for it on the first drive cost that game. 
Do we know what happened with him for that game?? I know the odu game he was benched. And you all know I hate rob but it shows a lot for a coach to do that to their best player. Kudos to him for that. 

but the fact is that he hasn’t won anything in close to a decade since Terrance left and yet we still have people here defending him tooth and nail. I don’t know how the old timers and ex players can keep doing so. Don’t you want the program to get better? It’s gotten worse over the past couple of years 

2 hours ago, TuTigers2012 said:

The defense gave up 38 points and 500 yards that game. That along with a boneheaded decision to go for it on the first drive cost that game. 
Do we know what happened with him for that game?? I know the odu game he was benched. And you all know I hate rob but it shows a lot for a coach to do that to their best player. Kudos to him for that. 

but the fact is that he hasn’t won anything in close to a decade since Terrance left and yet we still have people here defending him tooth and nail. I don’t know how the old timers and ex players can keep doing so. Don’t you want the program to get better? It’s gotten worse over the past couple of years 

I for one want better for this program and I’m going not going to bash Rob anymore because everyone already knows I feel about him a change is definitely long overdue season is pretty much done so the AD and above need to really open there eyes and see that a change is needed not just at the head coach position. A change will give a spark to this program like it did when Rob first came in as head coach for TU it’s something that needs to happen. Let’s just keep supporting  the players for the reason of the season. 

2 hours ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Here's my confusion...

"btw I like Rob, " - TU12 20 hours ago

"And you all know I hate rob but" - TU12 2 hours ago

7 minutes ago, Godfather18 said:

I for one want better for this program and I’m going not going to bash Rob anymore because everyone already knows I feel about him a change is definitely long overdue season is pretty much done so the AD and above need to really open there eyes and see that a change is needed not just at the head coach position. A change will give a spark to this program like it did when Rob first came in as head coach for TU it’s something that needs to happen. Let’s just keep supporting  the players for the reason of the season. 

At what point do you walk away?  Why would you want better for a program that your god son failed at?  Shouldn't you be inflating his worth on another fan page?

I don't intend to be an a-hole, but I am one.  And its been played out?  Or is this piling on and stoking the fire.  I'm sure Towerlight would love to have you as a columnist.

• Like 1

I get it and I hear all of the comments about both Rob and Pat but I just don't agree.  Does anyone know the common thread between their success?  THE AD.  Ever since the transition of Waddell being out the programs have become progressively worse.  I dont have the peek behind the curtain to see what funding looks like across the board but to me the issue is at the top and we are playing catch up with the top tier programs across the conference.  

Can someone enlighten me why there’s an ongoing debate about a game or two from 10 years ago? 

As for the Athletic Director, he, just as the head coaches, should be accountable. One thing I would point out though is that he inherited Ambrose (I think he inherited Skerry too, but I’m not 100% certain). It would seem to me that most AD’s would want their own choices as head coaches. Even if he wanted to part ways with Ambrose, my guess is that that’s not his final call, but rather Schatzel’s. My biggest complaint regarding the AD is the multi year contract extension that Skerry got a few years ago, which to this day I found inexplicable and infuriating 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ghost of andy7171 said:

Here's my confusion...

"btw I like Rob, " - TU12 20 hours ago

"And you all know I hate rob but" - TU12 2 hours ago

Like rob the person.

Don’t like rob the coach. 
Clarified it for you