• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
TuTigers2012

Fire Rob

1 hour ago, griggey20 said:

I get it and I hear all of the comments about both Rob and Pat but I just don't agree.  Does anyone know the common thread between their success?  THE AD.  Ever since the transition of Waddell being out the programs have become progressively worse.  I dont have the peek behind the curtain to see what funding looks like across the board but to me the issue is at the top and we are playing catch up with the top tier programs across the conference.  

45 minutes ago, Ghost of andy7171 said:

And having been around TSU/TU over the years, I seriously doubt this will ever change.

Ok. And that can be a fair point. We were never going to catch Jmu. Odu vcu etc. Why can’t we compete with what’s left in the caa?  
Our coaches are paid very fairly in cas standards. We have better than average facilities. Football isn’t eating pregame meals in the Glenn anymore.  Our issue is that we are one of two schools in the caa that play the “3 big” men’s sports  it’s easier to when you only have football  or hoops/hockey to worry about  

Tim also deserves the blame. fundraising was suppose to be time strength coming in and it hasn’t seemed to come to fruition. Instead we gave Dan Crowley, again another nice guy, but was he qualified?

football is a costly sport. At what point with little to fair success on the field and deceasing fan support, do you say enough is enough?  

Winning helps raise money and funding is fine compared with the rest of the CAA. When JMU leaves, Delaware will be the only team with Cost of Attendance. Adding that along with an extended field house with a weight room and more seats would put us up with Delaware. The Blue Hens have no excuse to be where they are.

17 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

Winning helps raise money and funding is fine compared with the rest of the CAA. When JMU leaves, Delaware will be the only team with Cost of Attendance. Adding that along with an extended field house with a weight room and more seats would put us up with Delaware. The Blue Hens have no excuse to be where they are.

Why do we need more seats?  We aren’t moving up to fbs. 

• Like 1

I hate that the track is around the field keeping the fans further from the action. But why add more seats? We haven’t had a sellout at current capacity since the 2011 playoffs

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

How about hosting more events like high school championships, lax playoffs. Etc. How about recruiting? I don’t know all the details but we need to do something to a stadium that hasn’t been touched in 20 years. I won’t say we’ll never go FBS when they change the entire football alignment in a few years and offer less scholarships for Group of Five schools.

42 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

G5 football won’t be what it is right now.  I think what Matt is referring to, is the addition of a club section to an expanded field house.

39 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

How about hosting more events like high school championships, lax playoffs. Etc. How about recruiting? I don’t know all the details but we need to do something to a stadium that hasn’t been touched in 20 years. I won’t say we’ll never go FBS when they change the entire football alignment in a few years and offer less scholarships for Group of Five schools.

As b lounge mentioned, removing the track would be more ideal. 
so we should add more seats for high school games and lacrosse tournament?  Whose paying for that?  I think we all are fine with better locker rooms or offices or a weight room but adding seats? That’s ridiculous.

Recruits at a game with 4K fans in 11k seat stadium looks better than 4K fans in 18k seat stadium.