• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
TuTigers2012

Fire Rob

5 minutes ago, RundaPower said:

No one has done more for Towson football than Rob Ambrose, Gordy Combs and Phil Albert. Rob has poured his heart and sole into this program and has led his teams with integrity and professionalism. He has fought for this program from day one of his tenure as head coach and has earned the my respect.  There have been many “old guard admins “ that have tried to “submarine “ his efforts.  

More than 1 thing can be true at the same time. I certainly don’t doubt Ambrose’s loyalty to his alma mater and his efforts to win. Unfortunately, for whatever reason(s), the momentum that should have flowed from the 2013 championship game run has not come about. To put it more bluntly, the program has stagnated, if not regressed, since 2013. Like it or not, college football, even at our level, is a “what have you done for me lately” proposition. I’m hard pressed to see how any objective observer of the program could come to any conclusion other than that a coaching change is necessary. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, RundaPower said:

No one has done more for Towson football than Rob Ambrose, Gordy Combs and Phil Albert. Rob has poured his heart and sole into this program and has led his teams with integrity and professionalism. He has fought for this program from day one of his tenure as head coach and has earned the my respect.  There have been many “old guard admins “ that have tried to “submarine “ his efforts.  

And no one disagrees. He was a great hire at the time and brought energy into the program. Since 2013 it’s fallen off a cliff (3k for homecoming lol) he’s not a good coach or recruiter. Living off your playing days can only take you so far. 
he’s a salesman and would be a better ad than football coach. The record speaks for that

7 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

More than 1 thing can be true at the same time. I certainly don’t doubt Ambrose’s loyalty to his alma mater and his efforts to win. Unfortunately, for whatever reason(s), the momentum that should have flowed from the 2013 championship game run has not come about. To put it more bluntly, the program has stagnated, if not regressed, since 2013. Like it or not, college football, even at our level, is a “what have you done for me lately” proposition. I’m hard pressed to see how any objective observer of the program could come to any conclusion other than that a coaching change is necessary. 

Thank you. Finally some common sense from someone in the older (sorry!) crowd. We didn’t capitalize on good luck (west) or a weak conference 

1 minute ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Thank you. Finally some common sense from someone in the older (sorry!) crowd. We didn’t capitalize on good luck (west) or a weak conference 

I prefer “mature” to “older” 😆

I don’t relish advocating for someone to be fired, but the time has come. Ambrose has done a lot for the University, and the University has in turn compensated him millions of dollars in salary. There comes a time, no matter who the coach (well, maybe Nick Saban excluded) that change becomes necessary. That time has come for Ambrose. The expiration date on his TU milk carton has expired 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

West was everything.  To save the program and his job make history play him against Lehigh and Old Diminion.  Those games are once in  a lifetime and west was a once in a life time player that RA did no realize.  Games are memories.  I am perplexed that RA could not come to the conclusion that he had a once in a lifetime player.  He didn't play him in key games and he has paid the price in his career.   He was the best running back in college football and he as at Towson and to think we lost a few games because RA sat him.  These things cost jobs.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, omniland said:

West was everything.  To save the program and his job make history play him against Lehigh and Old Diminion.  Those games are once in  a lifetime and west was a once in a life time player that RA did no realize.  Games are memories.  I am perplexed that RA could not come to the conclusion that he had a once in a lifetime player.  He didn't play him in key games and he has paid the price in his career.   He was the best running back in college football and he as at Towson and to think we lost a few games because RA sat him.  These things cost jobs.

Yup. Didn’t do anything to capitalize on west taking us to the championship. Instead our very next game, we lost to central Connecticut state… 

without west the overall FCS record is 40-49 .445 winning %. And 25-43 CAA .352 winning % 

8 hours ago, omniland said:

Don’t know where you guys come up with some of this BS. It’s one thing to call for a man’s job if he’s not producing. It’s another to just speculate as if the head coach didn’t know what he was dealing with.

Great runner. Not a willing blocker early in his career and not easy to deal with to be kind.

Now to me the biggest problem for Rob has been finding a quarterback. Period.

• Haha 1

Look, the failure of this coach to find a QB, (other than the 2-year Flacco bandaid) goes hand-in-hand with the mediocrity on the field, beginning with the 2014 season. That kid Wilson, from W&M, might not be a polished passer (yet) but his running ability screams out what we’re lacking at QB. I confess I’m being redundant, as I’ve stated this before, but it speaks volumes about Ambrose’s assessment of QB talent that he hitched the teams wagon for this season to a QB with no ability to escape the pocket, and an alarming knack for throwing interceptions. While I never played the position, I do think I can state, without fear of contradiction, that an immobile QB, who’s interception prone, is not a recipe for winning football. 

Edited by TSU88
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TSU88 said:

Look, the failure of this coach to find a QB, (other than the 2-year Flacco bandaid) goes hand-in-hand with the mediocrity on the field, beginning with the 2014 season. That kid Wilson, from W&M, might not be a polished passer (yet) but his running ability screams out what we’re lacking at QB. I confess I’m being redundant, as I’ve stated this before, but it speaks volumes about Ambrose’s assessment of QB talent that he hitched the teams wagon for this season to a QB with no ability to escape the pocket, and an alarming knack for throwing interceptions. While I never played the position, I do think I can state, without fear of contradiction, that an immobile QB, who’s interception prone, is not a recipe for winning football. 

But we have a big and experienced offensive line! And a FBS running back. And our defense may be the best in all FCS

I’ve written this year off. What worries me is if he’s truly a lame duck 🦆 next year (meaning in the last year of his contract) how’s he going to recruit quality HS kids, when they know there’s a good chance he’ll be gone after the 2022 season? I suspect he’ll load up on transfers again this off-season. If this year is any indication of how that strategy will work…well, I’ll leave it at that