• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

Football gets routed at home by ND State 35-7

NDSU runs the Urban Myers offense. Your D ends cannot line up head on they need to be canted on a diagonal so they can get a better angle. Any running back that lined up needed to be leveled even if he didn’t have the ball. You gotta play them physical. They are a systems team that doesn’t make many mistakes. 
their QB is not a throwing QB. They would not have beat us by nearly as much of their game plan was airing it out. Their defense plays hard and their line speaks for themselves. 
I agree we need QB that can extend plays, is a dual threat and is better at making reads. 
Hopefully we can get some momentum and confidence back.

This has to be one of the worst passing offenses I have ever seen at Towson or anywhere.  Just absolutely no ability to do anything through the air.  Nothing.  We don't know how any other phase of the game could be when you have such a non functioning aspect of your team.  There is no momentum, the running game suffers substantially and the defense is always on the field when your passing game is this bad.  Ferguson had plenty of time on many plays and we simply produced next to nothing.  I did not see this coming this year.  Don't get me wrong I didn't think we could win against NDST however to have no functioning passing game is remarkable as you watch.

Mark Collins seems to be the best player we have so far.  Seems like NDST knew this and intentionally stayed away from him but once.  He covered like a blanket the one time they tried and had the pass been on the money he would have had an attempt on it.  He also made nice tackles as well as a corner can make them.  Unfortunately one corner cannot change a game.

It is just hard to watch this team and I am a long time fan.  How bad did they damage their reputation bringing that type of opponent into Johnny Unitas Stadium, with 9,000 fans and displaying that type of poor passing game.  I'm sure plenty came out because it was NDST and they had to be disappointed with their impression of Towson and what the on field product was.  I have a buddy that says we probably will not win another game and I'm starting to feel he may be correct.  You will now see 8 in the box and man over our receivers and we will do nothing. 

You have to

be perfect to beat an NDSU.   I would say that there are only a handful of teams in the country (Alabama, Mount Union) that run their systems perfectly year after year.  Their OL was very impressi. Reallyathing of beauty to watch. 

I expected our OL to perform better.  I very concerned about their inability to defeat the guy in front of them and then get to the next tier.  Got three weeks to fix it.

3 hours ago, omniland said:

I have a buddy that says we probably will not win another game and I'm starting to feel he may be correct.  

I see us as having a chance of beating only three or four teams our schedule, and any of those could go the wrong way. Nova again looks like a powerhouse; JMU, of course; Richmond is strong; and Albany took it to us two years ago with the same QB (they lost to NDSU by a much closer score). That leaves Stony Brook, W&M, Rhode Island and Elon, and none of them are pushovers.  I foresee a 2-9 or 3-8 season. We can all predict the excuses RA will offer.

13 minutes ago, TigerFan54 said:

I see us as having a chance of beating only three or four teams our schedule, and any of those could go the wrong way. Nova again looks like a powerhouse; JMU, of course; Richmond is strong; and Albany took it to us two years ago with the same QB (they lost to NDSU by a much closer score). That leaves Stony Brook, W&M, Rhode Island and Elon, and none of them are pushovers.  I foresee a 2-9 or 3-8 season. We can all predict the excuses RA will offer.

“Injuries, Covid, not getting funding and support, young team, inexperience, playing a tough schedule, being close, “sec” (lol not anymore) of the fcs”

but hey Atleast we have a trophy to show for it! Battle of greater Baltimore >>> anything else 

Edited by TuTigers2012

1-3 to start the season. We shall see how much fight this team has in them coming off the bye week. No easy games left to be played. Might be a 4 win season at best

55 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

“Injuries, Covid, not getting funding and support, young team, inexperience, playing a tough schedule, being close, “sec” (lol not anymore) of the fcs”

but hey Atleast we have a trophy to show for it! Battle of greater Baltimore >>> anything else 

I suspect the excuse du jour will be lack of cohesion, based on not playing last fall or this spring. 

This coming week vs SDSU will almost certainly be a 40+ point loss. We’ll see if the team throws in the towel when it comes off the bye. I think most of us objectively realize that a 4-win season might be the ceiling this year

48 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

I suspect the excuse du jour will be lack of cohesion, based on not playing last fall or this spring. 

This coming week vs SDSU will almost certainly be a 40+ point loss. We’ll see if the team throws in the towel when it comes off the bye. I think most of us objectively realize that a 4-win season might be the ceiling this year

They probably already have. No accountability 

1 hour ago, TuTigers2012 said:

They probably already have. No accountability 

Sorry that I haven’t been around to chime in.  I went to the game yesterday.  I think what we  all saw yesterday is exactly what we are at this point,    Thats an unacceptable performance for the program . I don’t know what/when/if there is an answer for the 2021 season.  

I DO KNOW THIS!  Nobody and I mean nobody, is taking this tougher than Rob Ambrose . Hehas been totally invested in this program since the day he became head coach.  There is no one that cares more about the program than Rob.  

To say that there is “no accountability” in this program is a chickenshit comment.  Since the day he took this job there has been nothing but accountability.  Accountability, Intergrity and Familyhave been the cornerstone of Robs teams and his program.  

Obviously, things have gone sideways.  Everyone is upset and there is a lot of criticism and finger pointing (rightly so). STOP THE CHICKENSHIT COMMENTS!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, RundaPower said:

Sorry that I haven’t been around to chime in.  I went to the game yesterday.  I think what we  all saw yesterday is exactly what we are at this point,    Thats an unacceptable performance for the program . I don’t know what/when/if there is an answer for the 2021 season.  

I DO KNOW THIS!  Nobody and I mean nobody, is taking this tougher than Rob Ambrose . Hehas been totally invested in this program since the day he became head coach.  There is no one that cares more about the program than Rob.  

To say that there is “no accountability” in this program is a chickenshit comment.  Since the day he took this job there has been nothing but accountability.  Accountability, Intergrity and Familyhave been the cornerstone of Robs teams and his program.  

Obviously, things have gone sideways.  Everyone is upset and there is a lot of criticism and finger pointing (rightly so). STOP THE CHICKENSHIT COMMENTS!

RP, I agree! He cares about the players and the program! I have not seen a coach to date that has more accountability and holds the players to  a high standard! I feel very bad that the season has started this way. I am certain nobody hurts more than Coach Ambrose than the players themselves.