• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

Football gets routed at home by ND State 35-7

58 minutes ago, RundaPower said:

Sorry that I haven’t been around to chime in.  I went to the game yesterday.  I think what we  all saw yesterday is exactly what we are at this point,    Thats an unacceptable performance for the program . I don’t know what/when/if there is an answer for the 2021 season.  

I DO KNOW THIS!  Nobody and I mean nobody, is taking this tougher than Rob Ambrose . Hehas been totally invested in this program since the day he became head coach.  There is no one that cares more about the program than Rob.  

To say that there is “no accountability” in this program is a chickenshit comment.  Since the day he took this job there has been nothing but accountability.  Accountability, Intergrity and Familyhave been the cornerstone of Robs teams and his program.  

Obviously, things have gone sideways.  Everyone is upset and there is a lot of criticism and finger pointing (rightly so). STOP THE CHICKENSHIT COMMENTS!

There isn’t accountability within the program nor Athletic department. He literally can do what he wants and not get fired. 

Again, your involved with the team so there’s a certain level of black and gold colored glasses you wear. 
I think we all agree that he does care. That’s obvious. He played here. That’s always been Apparent and there is no question about that. He obviously isn’t trying to lose. Why would he?! He’s got a cushy ass job with zero pressure and unlimited security. But he’s not a good coach. He’s had plenty of time to prove otherwise. 

If a program can’t fire a coach with 1 year left on his contract, you have to question the feasibility of that program even existing. Is it worth a 4-7/5-6 low level football program?

• Like 2

If it gets to the point at the end of the year where a coach has one year left and he knows he's going to have difficulty in recruiting players due to his contract. He might look elsewhere at other positions. Not saying it will happen here. Just saying it's happened at other places.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, mat1992 said:

If it gets to the point at the end of the year where a coach has one year left and he knows he's going to have difficulty in recruiting players due to his contract. He might look elsewhere at other positions. Not saying it will happen here. Just saying it's happened at other places.

I recall you saying last year that if there wasn't any improvement there could be some "changes" before a certain someone's contract ended... Not sure..

15 hours ago, TuTigers2012 said:

There isn’t accountability within the program nor Athletic department. He literally can do what he wants and not get fired. 

Again, your involved with the team so there’s a certain level of black and gold colored glasses you wear. 
I think we all agree that he does care. That’s obvious. He played here. That’s always been Apparent and there is no question about that. He obviously isn’t trying to lose. Why would he?! He’s got a cushy ass job with zero pressure and unlimited security. But he’s not a good coach. He’s had plenty of time to prove otherwise. 

If a program can’t fire a coach with 1 year left on his contract, you have to question the feasibility of that program even existing. Is it worth a 4-7/5-6 low level football program?

That’s a true statement.  People above the HCforced his brother out.

1 hour ago, tualum said:

I recall you saying last year that if there wasn't any improvement there could be some "changes" before a certain someone's contract ended... Not sure..

Write your check..... $438k will do it!   Get all your friends and write the f***ing check.  If y’all would be writing checks to the FB program, maybe we’d have the money for COA, a new locker room, increaed salaries for assistants, etc. 

1 hour ago, RundaPower said:

That’s a true statement.  People above the HCforced his brother out.

So people above the coach forced out the offensive coordinator… if that’s the case, why didn’t Rob do that on his own?

Did he think he was doing a good job?               Was it because he was his little brother?

If it’s a yes to either or both of those two questions, that’s a big f***ing problem.

Who is the answer?  Who is the right coach to turn this around? 

My concern is that there isn't anyone.  One would think Rob has the exact qualifications that you would want... former player, FBS coaching experience (as a coordinator) and contacts around the local area to get players.  

I think these issues run significantly deeper than the HC's around the programs.  We don't have the support; financially, resources and fanbase.  How do we change that?

I know he wasn't a great person but Waddell was the one who turned the ship IMO.  When did football and hoops start to win? When MW was here.  

IMO it is not Rob and Pat (they are always lumped together) its the AD.  

I would say at least 1/3 of the crowd was NDSU fans.  1/3 students.

I walked out before halftime.  The safety was just too much.  I told the Bison fan next to me that the interception was not a good thing at all that deep in our own territory.

If you asked me what I thought that night, I would have said, the team should be disbanded.

After calming down, I think I was just overly hopeful and away from actual football for two seasons.  NDSU is really REALLY good.

I have some hope of seeing some wins.  We don't play Delaware or Nova.  I would like to say we could win between SDSU and JMU.  But honestly 5.5 is the over/under for wins.

On 9/19/2021 at 6:20 PM, TuTigers2012 said:

To be clear, I speak for myself.  I have no affiliation with the FB program or the Athletic Dept.