• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Here is the main problem

The defense can get (and should) healthier with Lumor, Choelwa, and Okombi expected back in two weeks. The offensive line should be more settled at right guard and center, assuaming Cheripko and Desire/Germain are back. But it all comes back to this:

https://goblackbears.com/sports/football/roster/chris-ferguson/4747

Even in his solid 2018 season at Maine, Chris Ferguson played just 7 games and had 7 picks. In 2017, as a freshman, he had 11 picks with 16 TDs in 10 games. In 2019, the last year where he was a starter, he had 8 picks in 6 games. So in  23 games, he had 26 picks. Not even counting the fumbles because I'm not sure they release those stats on the QBs at this level.

This year, in four games, he has 5 TDs and three picks. But with the lost fumble yesterday, that's four turnovers in four games. Had 34 TDs and 26 INTs at Maine. So now he has 30 turnovers (that I know of) in 27 games in his career as a starter not counting his four TDs with no picks at Liberty as a backup with 39 TDs and 30 turnovers. Not a good ratio and it's probably more if you count his fumbles at Maine. I can talk about OL, DL, DBs, and poor tackling all day. Stats don't lie.

And the young man is not who I'm blaming. It's on RA.

You would think he should be able to put up better numbers here. We should have better skill players, athletes and line. Maine also whores themselves out twice a year sometimes. 

So if not, why don’t we have better players than at Maine?  I mean it’s Maine and Orono is in the middle of nowhere. Who wants to go there? Their budget And facilities are way worse than ours.  The young coach at Maine left after that year to become the safeties coach and co coordinator at Minnesota because his pay was so low.

The skill players are fine. I like the WRs. They would excel with a more accurate passer. I wouldn't mind one more explosive receiver/running back. I think they missed there. They added a ton to the defense. I think changing OL coaches two times in the last three years doesn't help. Brian Scott was the OL coach for a second before heading to UNH to become OC.

It's all about the QB. A good one like Flacco can take you to the playoffs. A great one can make an average team good or a good team great. I guess we'll never know about this team. I know the OL has not played great, but without blitzing, I've seen our QB has plenty of time to throw.

1 hour ago, TuTigers2012 said:

I don’t know. Seemed to do well with Less skilled skill players. It is early (kind of). But isn’t this a huge and older line?  Why are we having issues running?

Let’s see maybe not enough experience in our running system of plays. Howard has experience but looks like he hasn’t grasped the playbook fully yet and the o-line could do a better job blocking upfront for the run. Some of it is also play calling from Rob. Also Adrian would have been a great help in the run game since he has experience and ran hard and was consistent.

Edited by Godfather18

1 hour ago, Godfather18 said:

Let’s see maybe not enough experience in our running system of plays. Howard has experience but looks like he hasn’t grasped the playbook fully yet and the o-line could do a better job blocking upfront for the run. Some of it is also play calling from Rob. Also Adrian would have been a great help in the run game since he has experience and ran hard and was consistent.

Other teams don’t have experience but somehow execute better.  Appreciate the parent point of view. It’s good see the non kiss robs ass  24/7 folks out there.  Is he the worst coach on football?  No.   Is he a pitiful coach and overstayed his welcome? You betcha. 
Wish your son the best. He was and would be a nicr role player at an average fcs team. Getting a degree for nothing out of your pocket is fantastic.

22 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Other teams don’t have experience but somehow execute better.  Appreciate the parent point of view. It’s good see the non kiss robs ass  24/7 folks out there.  Is he the worst coach on football?  No.   Is he a pitiful coach and overstayed his welcome? You betcha. 
Wish your son the best. He was and would be a nicr role player at an average fcs team. Getting a degree for nothing out of your pocket is fantastic.

Appreciate that you will see Adrian next year at a more than average program can’t spill the beans yet. What would bother me is if he is successful at this other school as a TU grad student TU would somehow want some kind of credit for his success lol.

Edited by Godfather18

Yes the line is struggling in the running game. Not a lot of holes for Howard and others to run through especially in the last two games, which is understandable considering the competition. They did not do a great job against UNH but again, they didn’t throw four picks. 

Lol about the other stuff.

Holy sh!t.

We get it, he didn't have what it takes and you blame the coach.  OK.  He apparently has a bigger and better future that can't be disclosed, wink wink.

I wish you luck. 

...But don't forget to write up that "Coach X doesn't know what he's missing out on" speech for what ever fan board you happen upon in 10 months.

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Ghost of andy7171 said:

Holy sh!t.

We get it, he didn't have what it takes and you blame the coach.  OK.  He apparently has a bigger and better future that can't be disclosed, wink wink.

I wish you luck. 

...But don't forget to write up that "Coach X doesn't know what he's missing out on" speech for what ever fan board you happen upon in 10 months.

Thank you for saying it, I've been thinking it for weeks now. 

• Like 1