• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Christian May becomes second commit

I think sometimes you see a guy you like and if you are going with the four-guard lineup from now and want more Cam Holden-types, this guy might be the right fit. It doesn't get much better than Joe Wooten as a HS coach.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

He looks to have a smooth outside shot. At first blush he looks like he might be the type of recruit I’ve been harping on Skerry to target-a fundamentally sound player who can stroke it from beyond the 3-point arc 

Joe Wooten said this about May and I know that's his player, but still impressive coming from the son of a legend.

Wootten called the 6-foot-6 May, whom he projects as a shooting guard at the college level, an “elite” defender and a great rebounder who can also shoot “really well.” Wootten added that May has a “big, strong, college-ready body” that allows him to drive the lane. And, Wootten said, May is a “team guy

“He doesn’t care if he scores 15 points -- which he is very capable of -- or he scores five because he’s giving his all defensively, he’s just all about the team,” Wootten said. “I think a college coach would be excited to have him because he’s skilled, he can score at different levels, loves to play defense and at the same time is all about the team. I think he’s just a great combination.

“Christian’s gonna be a really great college guard,” he added. “He’s gonna continue to grow and get better, and he’s very coachable, which I think, with his talent, makes him a unique play