• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Football holds on to beat Stony Brook 21-14

On 10/11/2021 at 8:41 AM, Ghost of andy7171 said:

We won the game, that's all that matters.  Rhody pulled an upset over a vastly overrated Delawhere team.  Lets hope it goes to their light blue and brown brains and they come in with inflated egos.  If we get up early on them, they'll realize they are still Rhode Island and accept defeat.

The train started two days ago and ends in Harrisonburg.  Jump on now!

I am on the bandwagon for a win next week, and we will see how that looks and go from there. So far Towson has been unimpressive, but just getting a conference win (ugly as it may be) is momentum. A win against Rhode Island at home could build more momentum and confidence. Heck, they went overtime at home against Stony Brook and barely beat Albany so it is not like they look unstoppable (even though the Delaware win was probably a huge confidence builder for them).  

I don't think we are very good, but James Madison really looks like the only completely unwinnable game left on our schedule. The rest are winnable if we start playing better, build some confidence, and gain momentum. All of those are big ifs, and we could be also easily finish 3-8. Sorry andy7171, I am on the bandwagon but my enthusiasm dwindled he more I typed. Still hoping for a good things this weekend. Go Tigers! 

• Like 1

One week at a time but we have hope.

We knew with our schedule we'd likely have 3 L's built in (JMU, NDSU, SDSU).  UNH is better than we expected (plus we gave them the game with the turnovers).  Win the game in front of you and move on should be the teams focus. If for some reason we shock JMU we could be a top 10 team by the end of year and everyone would be happy with the season.

If we drop the JMU game and go 7-4 I think we are still happy and a playoff team. If we drop another game at 6-5, then it's the LSU year all over again. Two (basically) FBS loses and miss the playoffs despite being a very good team. I fault the staff a bit for this schedule. NDSU is basically an FBS team, SDSU is a top 25 FBS team - we played our two hardest games of the season back to back after a conference road game.

It's up to the talent in the locker room to decide what type of team they want to be.

5 hours ago, Ghost of andy7171 said:

Not shocking, TUT12 is out.  I'm keeping score.  ITS F'ING RHODY!

I’m out on the playoffs. I do think they win 2-3 more games