• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Football routs #12 URI 28-7 on Homecoming

9 hours ago, griggey20 said:

I feel like you’d rather be right than have them win. We just beat the #12 team in the country, try and have 1 oz of excitement 

Have said it before -- it's like the owner of the Indians in the movie Major League in that hoping for losses so the team can move to a better climate.  In this case, it's two teams -- football and basketball.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, TuTigers2012 said:

7-4 Towson doesn’t get in. 4 caa teams likely don’t make it. If Delaware can steal one against Jmu or Nova you have 4 better than us

WTF is the deal with Delaware being better than us?  If we played StFU instead of NDSU we'd be 4-2, with 2 wins against teams Delaware LOST to.  Seeing both Delaware and URI in the top 25 is a F'ing joke.

Yes, we turned the ball over on UNH's 5.  Then brain farted the last 2 mintues of the first half.  

20 hours ago, TuTigers2012 said:

There is!  The fact that we run a very basic offense and can beat “highly ranked team” (lol), is positive.  Other fcs teams are as average as we are. 
uri probably was the best gauge on this team. Morgan state is high school level, unh is not good and is a bad loss, Ndsu is Ndsu, SDSU has a very good defense but their offense is beyond pitiful. Stony Brook not good. Uri Atleast beat the bad teams they’ve played. 

does the caa get 1 or 2 at large this year?

You're right, this team is trash.  Didn't deserve any of the 3 wins and all 3 losses should have been by even more.  They have no shot at the playoffs and should just forfeit the rest of the season.

44 minutes ago, Ghost of andy7171 said:

WTF is the deal with Delaware being better than us?  If we played StFU instead of NDSU we'd be 4-2, with 2 wins against teams Delaware LOST to.  Seeing both Delaware and URI in the top 25 is a F'ing joke.

Yes, we turned the ball over on UNH's 5.  Then brain farted the last 2 mintues of the first half.  

Delaware may or not be better than us. But their name is. 7-4 Towson with best win URI and 7-4 Delaware with a best win of nova/Jmu.. we all know who the committee will put in..

11 hours ago, Chris Datres said:

Have said it before -- it's like the owner of the Indians in the movie Major League in that hoping for losses so the team can move to a better climate.  In this case, it's two teams -- football and basketball.

Lol. You’re not wrong! Programs either need to get better and win. Being 5-6/6-5 in football and 16-14 in hoops is the worst place to be IMO. Programs who don’t win make changes, even at our level we don’t. 
Delaware, one of our peer institutions albeit with better history and fans who don’t accept losing, has 8 pages of fire Rocco since Saturday.. he’s 30-20 in Newark 

4 minutes ago, griggey20 said:

You're right, this team is trash.  Didn't deserve any of the 3 wins and all 3 losses should have been by even more.  They have no shot at the playoffs and should just forfeit the rest of the season.

Never said they were trash.  They aren’t good. And like I said.. caa football isn’t good. Losing to unh was a bad loss and the key game of the season. Beating uri is almost as good as that loss was bad. 
 I’d love to eat my words and have them go 7-0 to finish 8-3 and make the playoffs.. I just have to be realistic with this program. The sample size is fairly large at this point. 

25 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Delaware may or not be better than us. But their name is. 7-4 Towson with best win URI and 7-4 Delaware with a best win of nova/Jmu.. we all know who the committee will put in..

I hardly think Delawhere is going to win one more game, let alone 4.  Rocco was hired by an AD who wanted to de-emphasize football.  Hence why the elderly fans want him out.

1 hour ago, Ghost of andy7171 said:

I hardly think Delawhere is going to win one more game, let alone 4.  Rocco was hired by an AD who wanted to de-emphasize football.  Hence why the elderly fans want him out.

They do play 0-6 first year fcs team Dixie state so they will get Atleast 1 😂🏼