• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Football routs #12 URI 28-7 on Homecoming

22 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Where are Kobe Young and Folley? Seems like every season we’re sorely lacking in depth at RB

Injured. At least Young is. I thought Folley was close to returning from injury.

Shout out to the biggest hater on this fan forum for laughing at me for predicting a 24-21 Towson dub. We bullied them 28-7 after they arrived pampered and well fed on Robert Kraft’s patriot plane. Our boys looked hungrier, wanted it more, and played physical. The defense was hitting hard, playing smart, and forcing turnovers. The offense was vanilla but with some sprinkles. Loved the trick play, tough running from Howard and Matthews, and thought Chris “Fergie” Ferguson made some nice throws in the rain. I’m sure the rain kept most of the crowd at home. Unfortunate for homecoming that it rained on our parade, it could have been a well attended event if we had Friday’s sunny and 85 degree weather. I was at the Das Best Oktoberfest in the Ravens parking lot under the highway and kept thinking how the Towson Tailgate should basically copy their event. There were tents with all different types of craft beer, food trucks, vendors selling md crab/Ravens shirts, jerky, art, jewelry, CBD, fried Oreos you name it! There was even a trailer with axe throwing. Whoever the party planner for the Towson tailgating is failing miserably. Full tilt brewing is owned by a Towson alum. They couldn't make the call or two mile drive down York Rd to coordinate setting up a beer tent for the tailgate lot? Towson Hot Bagels is forever a staple in the community. Ask them to set up a coffee and bagel stand? Just my two cents. Happy to see us get a well deserved win and breathe some new life into the season. We got some help across the league with William and Mary, Delaware, and New Hampshire getting an L. Big game next week at William and Mary. Hopefully they are all "big games" from here on out

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Blounge said:

Shout out to the biggest hater on this fan forum for laughing at me for predicting a 24-21 Towson dub. We bullied them 28-7 after they arrived pampered and well fed on Robert Kraft’s patriot plane. Our boys looked hungrier, wanted it more, and played physical. The defense was hitting hard, playing smart, and forcing turnovers. The offense was vanilla but with some sprinkles. Loved the trick play, tough running from Howard and Matthews, and thought Chris “Fergie” Ferguson made some nice throws in the rain. I’m sure the rain kept most of the crowd at home. Unfortunate for homecoming that it rained on our parade, it could have been a well attended event if we had Friday’s sunny and 85 degree weather. I was at the Das Best Oktoberfest in the Ravens parking lot under the highway and kept thinking how the Towson Tailgate should basically copy their event. There were tents with all different types of craft beer, food trucks, vendors selling md crab/Ravens shirts, jerky, art, jewelry, CBD, fried Oreos you name it! There was even a trailer with axe throwing. Whoever the party planner for the Towson tailgating is failing miserably. Full tilt brewing is owned by a Towson alum. They couldn't make the call or two mile drive down York Rd to coordinate setting up a beer tent for the tailgate lot? Towson Hot Bagels is forever a staple in the community. Ask them to set up a coffee and bagel stand? Just my two cents. Happy to see us get a well deserved win and breathe some new life into the season. We got some help across the league with William and Mary, Delaware, and New Hampshire getting an L. Big game next week at William and Mary. Hopefully they are all "big games" from here on out

I laughed because you actually though the “best defense in fcs” would give up 21 points. That and you thought the weather was going to be good. 

difficult to have a brewery/alcohol stand outside for a tailgate at a college where 95% of the home tailgaters are students and where 20% of them make it inside to the game. They need to do better with events like this but, I’ve been around since 07 and things haven’t changed. Athletics department sucks.

but good prediction this week 👍🏼 

Edited by TuTigers2012

It was similar to the Duquesne playoff game had kickoff been a few hours earlier it would have been a nice day for a game. I was getting tan around 1pm in the sunny blue skies but by 2pm wind and rain started rolling in

1 hour ago, TuTigers2012 said:

I laughed because you actually though the “best defense in fcs” would give up 21 points. That and you thought the weather was going to be good. 

difficult to have a brewery/alcohol stand outside for a tailgate at a college where 95% of the home tailgaters are students and where 20% of them make it inside to the game. They need to do better with events like this but, I’ve been around since 07 and things haven’t changed. Athletics department sucks.

but good prediction this week 👍🏼 

SD! I’m still here.....

22 minutes ago, Blounge said:

It was similar to the Duquesne playoff game had kickoff been a few hours earlier it would have been a nice day for a game. I was getting tan around 1pm in the sunny blue skies but by 2pm wind and rain started rolling in

That was the most miserable sporting event I’ve ever sat through.  Outcome and weather .. something like 45 and raining. Getting wind burn in Frisco was also no fun