• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Football routs #12 URI 28-7 on Homecoming

4 minutes ago, griggey20 said:

I feel like you’d rather be right than have them win. We just beat the #12 team in the country, try and have 1 oz of excitement 

There is!  The fact that we run a very basic offense and can beat “highly ranked team” (lol), is positive.  Other fcs teams are as average as we are. 
uri probably was the best gauge on this team. Morgan state is high school level, unh is not good and is a bad loss, Ndsu is Ndsu, SDSU has a very good defense but their offense is beyond pitiful. Stony Brook not good. Uri Atleast beat the bad teams they’ve played. 

does the caa get 1 or 2 at large this year?

3 hours ago, TuTigers2012 said:

There is!  The fact that we run a very basic offense and can beat “highly ranked team” (lol), is positive.  Other fcs teams are as average as we are. 
uri probably was the best gauge on this team. Morgan state is high school level, unh is not good and is a bad loss, Ndsu is Ndsu, SDSU has a very good defense but their offense is beyond pitiful. Stony Brook not good. Uri Atleast beat the bad teams they’ve played. 

does the caa get 1 or 2 at large this year?

So, the SDSU game is a bad loss?  

• Like 1

Just gotta keep taking it one week at a time. I was expecting the game to be closer but clearly, URI is not a top 25 team at the end of the season.

Also I really enjoyed the Pats plane BS because I was able to make soooooo many bob kraft jokes this past week.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, RundaPower said:

So, the SDSU game is a bad loss?  

Where did I say that?  We scored 21 against them and moved the ball against a phenonail defense. Very good.  
We allowed 48 points to a very offensively challenged team.  Bad.  I consider that game probably second best on the year

unh was a baddd loss

Let’s play what if. What if we roll into Harrisonburg 7-3, but fall short vs JMU, leaving us at 7-4. Do we get in the playoffs? I suppose part of the equation would be whether we got blown out or not by JMU. Another factor would be that we’d have to have a better record than UNH, seeing as they beat us. 

I think it’s safe to assume Nova & Madison are making the playoffs. After that, from the CAA, is pretty wide open at the moment, though, with head-to-head matchups from here on out, more teams will fall by the wayside 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TSU88 said:

Let’s play what if. What if we roll into Harrisonburg 7-3, but fall short vs JMU, leaving us at 7-4. Do we get in the playoffs? I suppose part of the equation would be whether we got blown out or not by JMU. Another factor would be that we’d have to have a better record than UNH, seeing as they beat us. 

I think it’s safe to assume Nova & Madison are making the playoffs. After that, from the CAA, is pretty wide open at the moment, though, with head-to-head matchups from here on out, more teams will fall by the wayside 

It’s very likely that neither JMU nor Nova wins the conference. Nova in particular was on the ropes last weekend against Albany.  Meanwhile,  the JMU OL is being exposed.

1 hour ago, TSU88 said:

7-4 Towson doesn’t get in. 4 caa teams likely don’t make it. If Delaware can steal one against Jmu or Nova you have 4 better than us