• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Football routs #12 URI 28-7 on Homecoming

If we do manage to go 7-4, one concern is that we’re not going to have a “signature” W, assuming, as many of us believe, that Rhode Island comes back to earth. As such, it might be helpful to our cause if URI wins a few more games (but not too many). Even though we beat them, if we finish 7-4 & they finish 8-3 or better, they could get a bid over us. The more I think about it, I can’t help but wonder if it was poor scheduling to play both SDSU and NDSU in the same season (with JMU mixed in as well). I realize schools make games with other schools years in advance, and I also acknowledge the role the almighty dollar plays, but it just seems like our schedule this season has left practically no margin for error, in terms of trying to make the playoffs 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

If we do manage to go 7-4, one concern is that we’re not going to have a “signature” W, assuming, as many of us believe, that Rhode Island comes back to earth. As such, it might be helpful to our cause if URI wins a few more games (but not too many). Even though we beat them, if we finish 7-4 & they finish 8-3 or better, they could get a bid over us. The more I think about it, I can’t help but wonder if it was poor scheduling to play both SDSU and NDSU in the same season (with JMU mixed in as well). I realize schools make games with other schools years in advance, and I also acknowledge the role the almighty dollar plays, but it just seems like our schedule this season has left practically no margin for error, in terms of trying to make the playoffs 

Yes!!! I've called out the stupid scheduling before and that is something we can control. (don't get me started on basketball here too) This year my very well be the LSU year all over again. (2012)  One of our best teams ever and we miss the playoffs because of two FBS losses and the committee loves UNH.

We lost to Kent State - who finished ranked 25 and LSU ranked 12th.

You know San Diago state is a top 25 school and NSDU might as well be FBS at this point.  Why would you schedule them both in the same year and BACK TO BACK weekends?

40 minutes ago, TheGoldCrotchPiece said:

Yes!!! I've called out the stupid scheduling before and that is something we can control. (don't get me started on basketball here too) This year my very well be the LSU year all over again. (2012)  One of our best teams ever and we miss the playoffs because of two FBS losses and the committee loves UNH.

You know San Diago state is a top 25 school and NSDU might as well be FBS at this point.  Why would you schedule them both in the same year and BACK TO BACK weekends?

When you have a chance to play Ndsu you take it. We need a pay game every year too. So that along with us being bound at the hip really makes it difficult to schedule ooc. One open game (two on the rare 12 game seasons)

24 minutes ago, Blounge said:

True we may need to start scheduling cupcakes to pad the win loss record. Something Pat Skerry is notorious for

We do.. Morgan, saint Francis, Dartmouth, holt cross, central Connecticut. Etc. only 2 ooc games each year doesn’t leave too much room

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, TheGoldCrotchPiece said:

We got royally WHORED in '12.  And on live tv.  To the team we just shelled no 12 hours previous.  I  I  just can't go back to that.

That said, we scheduled NDSU, who cares?  We're going to always have a I-A cupcake.  I liked that we didn't schedule StFU again.  Or Bucknell.  Or who cares?  2 losses.  Bottom line is that with 24 teams in the playoffs, a 7-4 team isn't at all unusual, at least from the CAA, BigSky or MVFC.  We need to take care of business until 11/20.  If we don't none of this matters.