• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
Ghost of andy7171

I'm just going to say it...

We wear the white helmets on the road.

We've wore the block "T' the last two wins.

I know, I know.  Don't F with the winning streak.

But for God's sake, a gold T outlined in black isn't the same on a black helmet as on a white one.  

The T on a white helmet is ICONIC.  LOL  

9 minutes ago, Ghost of andy7171 said:

We wear the white helmets on the road.

We've wore the block "T' the last two wins.

I know, I know.  Don't F with the winning streak.

But for God's sake, a gold T outlined in black isn't the same on a black helmet as on a white one.  

The T on a white helmet is ICONIC.  LOL  

No doubt 

I forget where I started the playoff train thread, so here is where I'll post this...

Needless to say, I was disgusted and shut the broadcast off in the 4th quarter.  One of my first thoughts was of TU12 enjoying 'shangri-la' multiple times.  I tried to erase that from my memory as quickly as possible.  But it popped back as soon as I logged in.  TU12's lumping this blowout with the UNH loss is comical.

I'm an offense guy, so that might skew my opinion(with "might" being 100% certainty).  

I saw how the defense reacted to completely shutting down Rhody first hand on the sideline during Homecoming.  How the big plays apparently occurred Saturday in Williamsburg made me think of one immediate thing.  The defense came in thinking they were the same big bad defense they thought they were going into Durham after Morgan State.  Villanova showed that URI was just URI who had played the equivalent of 4 Morgan States up until then.  We, on the other hand, walked away from homecoming as beating down an actual real ranked team, and reading every press clipping they could find singing their praises.  And got big timed on three LONG yardage scores in the first quarter, which ultimately killed any chances of winning.  I'm not saying its the coaches fault or not, but it happens.    I'm not admitting anything, but you could make a very strong case for the very same thing of me and my team in '93 at Hofstra.
I overly blamed the NDSU loss on the offense, I walked out at halftime.
I'm blaming this on the defense.
Yes, we have royally F'ed ourselves as far as post season considerations, barring the unthinkable in Harrisonburg at the end vs Purple.
I'll be in Lot 8 to discuss at the remaining home games.