• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Turnovers costly as Football falls to Richmond 28-17

I think this actually is a pretty decent team this year but for the QB play.  Yes start Amendola.  I've seen enough of Ferguson.  There are too many players, playing hard every week to just keep letting the entire team and coaching staff down by starting Ferguson.  If you watched all of the games this year, you are taken back if we make a completion over 8 yards.  That is like a huge play in the passing game for us.  Just pathetic.  Game after game, few, if any down field plays.  His passes are also consistently a little off whereby the receivers have to constantly adjust awkwardly, fall down or reach back to make a catch.  Very few passes, even simple short passes, are on the money.  I can't say I understand it.  A 6 year senior with tons of experience that struggled to make even the simplest of throws and right decisions.  With this down year in the CAA, I think this is a playoff team with a little above average QB play.  God forbid we have another aspect of our team that does not play well in a particular game.  This pathetic passing game has no chance for a great come back.  We can discuss other aspects of the team each week, but with this unproductive level of passing game I'm not sure how good or bad anything else is.

3 hours ago, omniland said:

I think this actually is a pretty decent team this year but for the QB play.  Yes start Amendola.  I've seen enough of Ferguson.  There are too many players, playing hard every week to just keep letting the entire team and coaching staff down by starting Ferguson.  If you watched all of the games this year, you are taken back if we make a completion over 8 yards.  That is like a huge play in the passing game for us.  Just pathetic.  Game after game, few, if any down field plays.  His passes are also consistently a little off whereby the receivers have to constantly adjust awkwardly, fall down or reach back to make a catch.  Very few passes, even simple short passes, are on the money.  I can't say I understand it.  A 6 year senior with tons of experience that struggled to make even the simplest of throws and right decisions.  With this down year in the CAA, I think this is a playoff team with a little above average QB play.  God forbid we have another aspect of our team that does not play well in a particular game.  This pathetic passing game has no chance for a great come back.  We can discuss other aspects of the team each week, but with this unproductive level of passing game I'm not sure how good or bad anything else is.

Can’t disagree. I think all the turnovers crush the  team’s psyche. Emotions have so much to do with football. Positive big plays gets your team going whether it’s a pick-six or a long run.

I would say the lack of aggression on defense is my second pet peeve about this team. But that’s for another thread.

I wasn’t overwhelmed with CF over the summer, but I thought we could have success if he became a game manager. That’s awfully tough when you’re not a runner. So accuracy is crucial. That didn’t happen and then the turnovers were soul crushing.

Yes we had talent. A good running back, a strong group of WRs, a huge and experienced line, a terrific cornerback, a beast of a safety. and some talented defensive linemen. With a good quarterback, that would have been enough to make a run to the playoffs. You don’t need a dominant defense and that’s tough in today’s game, but you need a productive offense.

It’s even more important than finding a quality point guard. Of course, we haven’t won a title since we had a dominant guard. Flacco gave us a shot two years ago despite all the knee injuries. Shame we couldn’t find another who was similar.

21 minutes ago, sr16 said:

Was just thinking. Good players, bad team. 

With the exception of QB. And who should be accountable?🤔

On 11/6/2021 at 9:22 PM, TuTigers2012 said:

Waiting for the unveiling.   5-6 prediction on my part was very accurate 

..................would rather be right than have the team win.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

First time I saw us play, vs NDSU, I was not pleased with the QB play.  Either of them.  I'm happy to see the young kid getting a chance, now.  HOPEFULLY, he's given a long long rope.  At this point, wins and losses don't matter.  It's his job, until the end of Spring ball to lose.

One thing is for certain, this Amendola kid is light years ahead of Godfathers quitter.

2 hours ago, griggey20 said:

..................would rather be right than have the team win.

Would rather be proved wrong but unfortunately there’s a huge sample size to know what happens