• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Elon rocks Football 37-14

http://stats.statbroadcast.com/broadcast/?id=353577

Not much to say here. Three quarterbacks or one quarterback. You have to stop the pass, get pressure on a QB and throw the ball. We can't do any of that right now. It's probably why we did a decent job against Richmond on D. Just a brutal loss and it will be rougher next week.

Complete sh1t show. On D, we have no pass rush & no pass coverage. On O, I’m not asking anyone to do the research, but I think it’s safe to assume we have one of the most impotent passing offenses in the entire FCS. The 3 QB rotation was bush league. We have 1 QB who can run, but struggles to throw, another who can’t run, but maybe can throw, & a 3rd who can’t do either.

I fully expect JMU to take out their anger at the CAA on us next week, as they walk out the door. I’m thinking 63-3, or something thereabouts.

Memo to the AD: PLEASE FIRE Ambrose 

• Like 1

Thoroughly outplayed. Elon had great schemes, a QB who saw the field well, found and hit his receivers. The defense that our head coach touted heading into the season let Elon chew through us. Next week will be ugly.

• Like 1

Difficult to get these comments because the wonderful Towson WiFi kept breaking up.

Opening Comment

"Cheek really tore us apart. He's really exceptional. I don't think we stopped them until late in the third, early in the fourth. Before we forced a punt. Proud of the kids, we fought. Wished we send out the Seniors in a better way. Good news is that we don't have to play Cheek anymore."

On playing Three QBs to start the game.

"The turnovers issues were so bad that something had to be done. Using every weapon we had imaginable to try and be successful and not letting them not be able to gameplan to tee off on a QB who was mobile or not mobile. Tried to mix it up for a little bit but after awhile..."

On Wildcats

"We got stopped twice. That hasn't happened all year. That's one of the rare things that has worked well. We have more fourth down attempts than most. I can credit the defense for stopping them."

On stopping Cheek

"You're adding one more and he's in the RPO game. The knowledge is good, but his quickness in his release. He's going to get it out. If it's not a straight drop back, it looks like a run. They are going to run RPOs. He completed almost all of them and he's apart of the run game. (missed some comments due to freezing up).

On Amendola

"Maybe a little big more comfortable. There were a lot of things that we did wrong without watching the film. Reads that were missed. His ability to escape and as a runner will help and will help us. That always will be helpful."

On how players feel

"They aren't devastated, but they are pissed. Devastated is when somebody dies. They are warriors. That's their job. We still have another opportunity to play a game. A locker room full of kids...(again lost it.)."

On Senior Day

"

The defense seems to play the run decently (save for W&M or ND Staten or SD State), but when they see RPO or somebody like Cheek, we get no pressure from the front three. The so-called FBS transfers on the D-line are not playing much or hurt (Gibbs). Cholewa played hurt all year, but Reece wasn't hurt. I don't get the three man line with two nose guards and a 6-1 DE in Bowman playing. They aren't bad players, but none are very athletic or long. Then you have guys giving up 5-10 yards cushion and allowed the receivers to have their way in the middle of the field. Not sure where the safeties were today. Cheek is great, but it's not like he's unstoppable. But you have to score points against them. Nova shut them out and JMU held them to 21. 

Only good news is that Delaware got crushed today by Richmond.

Passing game is a joke but also, to just run for all 4 downs is just stupid.  As stupid as the asinine 3 QB rotation (even though I think we only saw 2 QB's).  You have to pass sometimes just to keep the defense honest.  To drive deep into their territory just to run 4 times in a row, regardless of the down, distance and the fact that the field is shortening and regardless of how many defenders are in the box, is just stupid.  And then to do this several times is beyond belief.  Who would call a game like this.  At least see if Amendola can make a play on one of those downs. 

JMU is a different story, however I like Amendola regardless of what happens in the next game.  Sort of like I liked Athens in his Freshman year until he got hurt.  I think he throws a good ball and he just needs to know he is the guy, get all the reps in practice and let him go.  I don't know how many plays he can make because we had 4 running plays an out regardless of the distance.  Never run a wide receiver on a 4th down.  Just another stupid play.  What are the odds of converting when running a wide receiver misdirection on 4th down?      

On 11/13/2021 at 9:28 PM, TuTigers2012 said:

Any paper bags on heads today or fire Ambrose signs? God knows it’s well deserved!

Sadly I moved to Cali but i'm ready for the fire Ambrose shirts. HOWEVER, will TL do it.... no way. We are stuck with RA and the new shitter CAA. 

• Like 1