• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Elon rocks Football 37-14

On 11/13/2021 at 4:26 PM, TSU88 said:

Complete sh1t show. On D, we have no pass rush & no pass coverage. On O, I’m not asking anyone to do the research, but I think it’s safe to assume we have one of the most impotent passing offenses in the entire FCS. The 3 QB rotation was bush league. We have 1 QB who can run, but struggles to throw, another who can’t run, but maybe can throw, & a 3rd who can’t do either.

I fully expect JMU to take out their anger at the CAA on us next week, as they walk out the door. I’m thinking 63-3, or something thereabouts.

Memo to the AD: PLEASE FIRE Ambrose 

I like doing the research so here is what I found. Bear in mind, I do try to be more of an optimist than a pessimist and it is worth noting that the front of our schedule was very difficult so rating us against some of the other FCS teams statistically is not exactly fair from an apples to apples standpoint. Still, this might the worst offensive season I can remember from a Rob Ambrose coached team to me (I am sure there are others on here that can correct this statement). Out of 123 listed FCS teams here is where we stand in some of the categories. 

Pass Offense - 76th (194.0 ypg)
Rush Offense - 89th (124.7 ypg)
Total Offense - 92nd (318.7 ypg)
Scoring Offense - 89th (20.5 ppg)
3rd Down Conversions - -t-87th (34.5%)
Passes Intercepted - 101st (12)
First Down Offense - t-78th  (176)
Turnover Margin - t-79th (-2)
Turnovers Lost - t-98th (18)

Scoring Defense - t-57th (25.90)
Third-Down Conversion Defense - 92nd (.424)
Fewest Penalties Per Game - 55th (52.90 per game) - I was pleasantly surprised by this
First Down Defense - t-70th (195)
Turnovers Gained - t-53 (16)

Again, I do not mean this to be negative. I tried to make this just an objective look at the stats. If there is something I left out, please share. I tried to capture as much as I could. To be fair, the site I looked at for strength of schedule listed us as 29 out of 128 (I know different than the 123 number the NCAA had for statistical rankings). https://www.warrennolan.com/football1aa/2021/stats-season-owp 

2 hours ago, Tiger93 said:

I like doing the research so here is what I found. Bear in mind, I do try to be more of an optimist than a pessimist and it is worth noting that the front of our schedule was very difficult so rating us against some of the other FCS teams statistically is not exactly fair from an apples to apples standpoint. Still, this might the worst offensive season I can remember from a Rob Ambrose coached team to me (I am sure there are others on here that can correct this statement). Out of 123 listed FCS teams here is where we stand in some of the categories. 

Pass Offense - 76th (194.0 ypg)
Rush Offense - 89th (124.7 ypg)
Total Offense - 92nd (318.7 ypg)
Scoring Offense - 89th (20.5 ppg)
3rd Down Conversions - -t-87th (34.5%)
Passes Intercepted - 101st (12)
First Down Offense - t-78th  (176)
Turnover Margin - t-79th (-2)
Turnovers Lost - t-98th (18)

Scoring Defense - t-57th (25.90)
Third-Down Conversion Defense - 92nd (.424)
Fewest Penalties Per Game - 55th (52.90 per game) - I was pleasantly surprised by this
First Down Defense - t-70th (195)
Turnovers Gained - t-53 (16)

Again, I do not mean this to be negative. I tried to make this just an objective look at the stats. If there is something I left out, please share. I tried to capture as much as I could. To be fair, the site I looked at for strength of schedule listed us as 29 out of 128 (I know different than the 123 number the NCAA had for statistical rankings). https://www.warrennolan.com/football1aa/2021/stats-season-owp 

Impressive research. Fascinating to me that there are 47 FCS teams that avg less ypg passing then us. Perhaps some of them are teams like Citadel, who purposely rarely pass. Also interesting that we’re ranked even lower in rushing ypg. Not terribly surprising that only 31 teams average fewer ypg & only 34 score fewer ppg. 

As far as the stats on D, the one that jumped out at me is how bad we are on 3rd down conversions. I’m at the point where when it’s 3rd & 10+, I shrug my shoulders and say “they’ve (the other team) got us right where they want us.”

3down conversions was horrendous this year. Nearly at the top of my list of complaints, second only to QB play. 
I remember talking to Ed at halftime of Albany saying they might as well kneel on 1st and 2nd down because they convert 3rd down regardless of distance needed. 

8 hours ago, TheGoldCrotchPiece said:

Sadly I moved to Cali but i'm ready for the fire Ambrose shirts. HOWEVER, will TL do it.... no way. We are stuck with RA and the new shitter CAA. 

I still remember your “Fire Gordy” shirt 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, TUTigers said:

I still remember your “Fire Gordy” shirt 

Bring them back!

2 hours ago, TSU88 said:

Impressive research. Fascinating to me that there are 47 FCS teams that avg less ypg passing then us. Perhaps some of them are teams like Citadel, who purposely rarely pass. Also interesting that we’re ranked even lower in rushing ypg. Not terribly surprising that only 31 teams average fewer ypg & only 34 score fewer ppg. 

As far as the stats on D, the one that jumped out at me is how bad we are on 3rd down conversions. I’m at the point where when it’s 3rd & 10+, I shrug my shoulders and say “they’ve (the other team) got us right where they want us.”

You under a rock last decade? We suck and have sucked in third down under this coach