• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

MBB routs Hampton 78-54

Hey, Brad. Good to hear from you. Forgot to mention no Flo Sports this week as the Pitt game on Friday is at 6pm on ACC Network. The JMU game on Saturday at 2pm is on NBC Sports Washington.

Also, another nice raucous crowd of over 1,700 (wish we would start the games at 7:30 for the late arrivals). I really think we have some hungry basketball fans just yearning for some entertainment since it's been nearly two years since they could see live hoops. BTW, I think the WBB team should be fun to watch as well. But pressing+steals=dunks, which is what the fans want to see and we have a few high risers in Nolan, Holden, Timberlake, Rizzuto and well, if Darrick Jones Jr. ever get on the floor when it's not garbage time. A little disappointed he didn't put on more size, because he's basically the same height as Cam Holden. If he weighed around 210, he could play some small-ball four as Holden does (I'm guessing is close to 210). That garbage time three showed that he wasn't hesitant at all to take that shot. I think we can see more if Timberlake has an off-night shooting.

I like the fact that Cam Holden is such a part of the offense and is the create ala Benimon, when he was here. I'd like to see Nolan drive and dish more to CT or to swing it to Rizzuto, Timberlake or Gibson if he's in. Rizzuto is banged up and hopefully Nolan will be ok for Friday. He took a tough spill on that dive and at times, he can do some nice things on the defensive end and at other times, his mind gets around him too easily. Not sure if that's a lack of focus on the defensive end, but he showed in that second half what he's capable of doing in transition and on the defensive end. 

I think we'll see a lot of Paar in the next few games with Gray out, especially against Pitt. He gets pretty down on himself, but if you look at his numbers at GW, there is something there. He's getting less minutes now, but he's not being asked to be Jokic at center. Just rebound, defend, set stationary screens and finish strong. I think it's a confidence thing with a new team and that's he's coming off the bench after starting most of his career at GW.

You’ll see Paar for possibly 25+minutes (averages 13 minutes a game) on Thanksgiving night against the Dons who start Patrick Tape (6’10”) & Yauhen Massalski (6’9”) and bring Volodymyr Markovetakyy (7’2”) off the bench 

I'll take 2-1 with a close L to Monmouth. Game 4. Looking forward to see how we fair against a Pitt team that beat UNCW by 8 tn.... 

9 hours ago, mat1992 said:

Who are you going to add in the middle of the year? I guess it's possible since Holland is not coming back but transfer rules, credits, I just don't see that happening. Gray is only going to be out 1-2 weeks. 

Don’t know. But having another body wouldn’t hurt. Holland doesn’t seem to be with the team so who knows what’s going on there.

gray 1-2 meaning he’d likely miss Las Vegas late next week?

7 hours ago, sr16 said:

I'll take 2-1 with a close L to Monmouth. Game 4. Looking forward to see how we fair against a Pitt team that beat UNCW by 8 tn.... 

2-1 with a loss to Monmouth. Garbage time made that a lot closer.  Monmouth did blow out Leigh last night and likely is better than we all thought 

pitt took 4. 4! Three pointers last night. In 2021 that’s hard to do

4 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

2-1 with a loss to Monmouth. Garbage time made that a lot closer.  Monmouth did blow out Leigh last night and likely is better than we all thought 

pitt took 4. 4! Three pointers last night. In 2021 that’s hard to do

Garbage time? It was a 5 point game with 2:34 left. I agree they played like sh*t but it wasn't a blowout by any means. 

3 minutes ago, griggey20 said:

Garbage time? It was a 5 point game with 2:34 left. I agree they played like sh*t but it wasn't a blowout by any means. 

And it was a 22 point game with 6:26 to go.  17-0 run in 3 minutes is impressive especially here, I’ll give you that. 
That was another foul palooza game

12 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Don’t know. But having another body wouldn’t hurt. Holland doesn’t seem to be with the team so who knows what’s going on there.

gray 1-2 meaning he’d likely miss Las Vegas late next week?

Gray is pobably out. Holland is gone. I think mentioned it in the previous post. Never got over the toe issues 

3 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

Gray is pobably out. Holland is gone. I think mentioned it in the previous post. Never got over the toe issues 

Ah damn. There goes that depth.