• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

MBB routs Hampton 78-54

I think it’s fair to say we are a second half team. I am so far impressed by this group offensively. Most Skerry teams have been hard to watch on offense but this team has some scorers which is refreshing. Gotta hope Chase Parr finds his groove. Big body down low, but needs to learn to play the towson tough skerry ball style of play bullying the other team around. Gibson is a spark plug for the offense and he’s automatic from the charity stripe! I can see why all of Baltimore loves Terry Nolan Jr. he gets big dunks and loves to hype the squad up! Rizzuto has been average so far hopefully he heals and improves. Cam Holden has been a great two way player so far. Timberlake is having a good year so far, love seeing that Boston bounce attacking the rim. Charles Thompson is a glue guy, gotta love his energy. Reminds me of a young Timaj Parker-Rivera. Happy to see some good crowds at the game. Excited to see if we can pack SECU for some of the bigger conference games

Was nice to see Towson put away a team again. Feel like in years past, we let teams just linger. Officiating was terrible, totally killed the flow of the game but it went both ways.

Friday is a big test but this team seems to have more of the “it factor” than in recent years. 

It’s almost odds defying how every season, without fail, we lose 1-2 players with injuries or leaving the program. Then, we go from a position of apparent depth to one of being perilously close to being undermanned 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mat1992 said:

Gray is pobably out. Holland is gone. I think mentioned it in the previous post. Never got over the toe issues 

Gone as in transferring or done with hoops? 

Hard to know what to takeaway from last night’s game. Hampton appears to be a pretty bad team, who’s offense consisted almost entirely of chucking up 3’s. Still, a W is a W.

As has been pointed out by others, the officiating was awful and totally ruined the flow of the game. As to our guys, it’s very clear that Cam Holden is our best player. Very impressed with him thus far. Terry Nolan had a good bounce back game and hopefully will be a key contributor this season. I realize it’s a small sample size, but I haven’t been impressed with Rizzuto. Maybe he’s dealing with an injury, so hopefully he’ll improve. Paar…well, he’s got a nice foul shot. Other than that, I’m not sure how much value he’s going to add.

Kudo’s to the returning guys (Timberlake, Gibson & Thompson). They all play hard and Gibson seems to be a guy who can be an offensive spark off the bench. Speaking of sparks, I think we all can agree that Hicks provides a defensive spark off the bench. Hopefully his offensive game will improve with experience and playing time. Hopefully Gray will be back before we start conference play. If it’s truly a 1-2 week issue, that should be the case.

I think I saw Holland’s face on a milk carton at the grocery store the other day. What a waste of a scholarship 

40 minutes ago, griggey20 said:

Gone as in transferring or done with hoops? 

I don’t know if he’s transferring. I just know he’s not playing for Towson. Injuries were just a part of the story.

I put this in the wrong thread. Said that we’re 168th in pace after three games. About 100 spots higher than last season and 160 points higher than the year before.