• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

TL is stepping down

1 hour ago, mat1992 said:

1)We voted against FLO. 2)He didn't hire either hoops or football coach. RA deserved to be extended. Not his fault that they struggled last few years or that he couldn't find a QB aside from Flacco. 3)State money helps but not the only reason they built a FH field, new Soccer Field, new practice facilities and new academic facilities in the field house just to name a few. Hopefully Field House extension and premium seats at the U plan will remain intact. 4)Hired a new WBB coach who did something nobody ever did before and that's win the CAA. Same can be said about the women's track coach and Vball coach. I wasn't sure about him at the beginning after following MW, but he did a solid job when you realize the hurdles he had to jump over (starting with Pres. Schaetzel).

All really good points Mat, a lot of those things I didn't think about during his tenure.  It's definitely fair to think about where Pres. Schaetzel values the athletic deptarment and how she will want it to go moving foward. Let's hope she cares as much as we do!

23 minutes ago, griggey20 said:

All really good points Mat, a lot of those things I didn't think about during his tenure.  It's definitely fair to think about where Pres. Schaetzel values the athletic deptarment and how she will want it to go moving foward. Let's hope she cares as much as we do!

Doesn’t seem like she does..  Lochseke (spelling) seemed more engaged with the program and students 

HUGE crossroad this Athletic Department and the programs we care about are at.  Stating the obvious but this next hire will be the biggest and most important in school history.  Is this next hire going to be all through the Pres?  There is no money to spend to hire a search company to help  although I think when you see that on most schools statements it just window dressing anyway.

11 hours ago, mat1992 said:

1)We voted against FLO. 2)He didn't hire either hoops or football coach. RA deserved to be extended. Not his fault that they struggled last few years or that he couldn't find a QB aside from Flacco. 3)State money helps but not the only reason they built a FH field, new Soccer Field, new practice facilities and new academic facilities in the field house just to name a few. Hopefully Field House extension and premium seats at the U plan will remain intact. 4)Hired a new WBB coach who did something nobody ever did before and that's win the CAA. Same can be said about the women's track coach and Vball coach. I wasn't sure about him at the beginning after following MW, but he did a solid job when you realize the hurdles he had to jump over (starting with Pres. Schaetzel).

• Interesting points, and worth softening my tone a bit (I had no idea we voted against FLO) however good leaders still know they are accountable for even decisions out of their control.
  • If we voted against FLO and we knew the CAA was headed in the downward direction with Joey D (what a clown) why didn't we better prepare for a way out?
11 hours ago, mat1992 said:

I wasn't sure about him at the beginning after following MW, but he did a solid job when you realize the hurdles he had to jump over (starting with Pres. Schaetzel).

• I'd love to know more here. What's that drama with Schaetzel? I thought people liked her? But I have no idea other than they send me a lot of letters to donate and the Rise campaign seems like a good thing.
  • Like 1