• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

TL is stepping down

8 minutes ago, tu_fan said:

I'd love to see us bring back Waddell, but I don't see that occurring.   Do you have the backstory, Matt?

Not sure what you mean history. Waddell is not returning. I'm sure Schaetzel wants her own man/woman. As far as I know, his contract was up in March. Maybe she wasn't going to retain him so he took another job. Pretty sure that's good news for RA to remain the coach for 2022.

• Sad 1

I know this is a joke but Im sold on Waddell. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Waddell_(sports_administrator)

Guy oversaw the sale of 5400 season tickets in the AAF league... Come on. Picked up Steve Spurrier as their HC .

Previously Waddell was President of the Orlando Apollos of the Alliance of American Football. Along with Head Coach Steve Spurrier and General Manager Tim Ruskell, Waddell was part of the leadership team that pushed the Apollos to an Alliance-best 7-1 record, and which averaged over 20,000 fans per home game at Spectrum Stadium, and sold over 5,400 season tickets. Following the AAF's folding, Waddell also worked with World TeamTennis on a contract basis through BRENTWOOD PARTNERS, LLC to provide counsel to the Orlando Storm in advance of the team's second season in 2020.

Gotta think both RA and PS are on notice now.  They may be safe for 2022 (Skerry through the remainder of the 22/23 season) but that could be it if the product doesnt get better.  I am happy with that pressure on them.  Getting comfortable only makes you complacent being uncomfortable is what makes you better.